Stephen is missing :( - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Stephen is missing :(

I wrote awhile back about Stephen, my TNR kitty who, upon being fixed, decided he was no longer feral. He's mostly stuck around since then. He's pretty independent, so he comes and goes, but I generally see him at least once a day.

Except that I haven't seen him since Tuesday, and I don't know why. I've been talking to neighbors, checking the found ads and looking in the local shelters, but he hasn't turned up.

I'm hoping someone just lured him away with better food. He sometimes mixes it up with Greg, my other outdoor kitty, so maybe he left because of that. But they had been getting along better lately, and I don't see him being on the losing end of a fight between them, so I don't know.

I hope he's OK. I'm worried about him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

Fingers and paws crossed here for him.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
What a worry! I'll be thinking of both of you, and saying a prayer right now.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 06:59 AM

Awwww... I hope Stephen comes home soonest!!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Premier Cat

I hope Stephen comes home soon!

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Thanks everybody for your comments. I still haven't found any sign of Stephen. My next door neighbor knows lots of people in the neighborhood, and she thinks that if he had been struck by a car or attacked by a dog, she would have heard about it. She believes somebody took him indoors as a pet.

I really hope so. I'm still checking everywhere, and holding out hope that he'll make his way back to my porch. But if he doesn't, then I hope he's found a safe, friendly place to be, either here or on the other side of the bridge.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 01:21 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Jet, I wrote some extra hints in this sticky. Please try them. I hope they help.

https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7722

Come home, Stephen!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Tom Cat

I'm guessing that Stephen wasn't wearing a collar and identification? It's possible that some kind, well-meaning person found Stephen, thought he was a stray cat, and brought him inside for food and shelter.

If that's the case, Stephen will probably return home the next time he slips outdoor. Or, you might be able to locate him if you put up some signs around your neighborhood.

Lori F. is owned by:
Sadie, the four-legged dog
Martin, the three-legged cat
Paul, the two-legged husband
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoBabe
I'm guessing that Stephen wasn't wearing a collar and identification? It's possible that some kind, well-meaning person found Stephen, thought he was a stray cat, and brought him inside for food and shelter.
I hadn't yet put any ID on him, which I regret deeply. I was taking it slow since he's still semi-feral. He particularly hated having his neck and chin touched, and would nip me if I tried, so I was reluctant to try a collar right away. I was going to take him and Greg in together for microchipping, but I was waiting for a convenient weekend, and I waited too long.

It's possible that someone has taken him in, and it's just as possible that he was already owned to begin with, and finally went home. He wasn't skinny or starving when he showed up, and he's capable of great affection when he's in the mood, so he could be someone's pet even though he's feral-ish. Lots of people let their cats run so wild around here that they aren't easily distinguishable from strays or ferals. Either way, I really hope he's found a home, whether an old or new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie
Jet, I wrote some extra hints in this sticky. Please try them. I hope they help.
Thanks so much, Jeanie. I've been trying to follow all the tips, and every new one helps.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 12:13 PM

This is one part of TNR I don't like sometimes cats just leave. Only they know the reason. One of my fixed ferals Willow has not been seen for a while now at least several months. She normally eats with her Mother & Grandmother but she was the shyest one so I know she was not adopted, I am hoping she is eating at another house somewhere, she used to be chased by the feral tom Tony who was also eating on my porch but since has moved in with me. I believe she thinks he is still there waiting to chase her. I still hope she comes back.

Our feral cats may depend on us but they also depend of their independence to survive.

I hope Stephen comes home. Since he was only semi-feral he might of been adopted. Just keep spreading the word about him and someone should know something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page