Loaned out my cat trap... Good update pg3, (Gruesome pg2). - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Loaned out my cat trap... Good update pg3, (Gruesome pg2).

I loaned my trap to a girl I met on a horse BB. She is taking the trap to her work (she got permission) to trap the ferals there. She is hoping to catch most of the kittens and adults. She plans to have them s/n and place them in her rural barn/tackroom for a while, then release them to be her barn cats.
(...barn for shelter with food/water supplied and hopefully taming them to be able to have them vetted in the future if they require it...)
She picked up the trap this morning and I PMd her some numbers I had and the link to the list here. She PMd back in a panic, that being Saturday she couldn't get a response from anyone! She was very concerned with what to do with a kitty if she caught one.
She PMd later and said she called her vet who told her if she caught any to call her and she'd meet her at her office and do the necessary at her cost.

I'll keep you updated on her progress.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Premier Cat

That is impressive a vet would meet her at her office at short notice to spay/nueter these ferals! How wonderful. Be sure and tell your friend to have the vet give all the shots while they are under and check them over for other issues (ear mites, thorns, cuts etc.)

Tell your friend to keep the trapped kitty covered in the cage while she is waiting to get her to the vet. It stresses them less.

Make sure these kitties are in the tack room minimum 3 weeks. Give them a place to escape to.. covered carrier, high cat tree, rafters. This is such a wonderful thing she is doing for them.

Maybe she would want to trap several at once? Humane Society and other rescues do lend out traps.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I got a PM from her while she was at work. She hasn't seen a cat all day...and one of the workers told her he hadn't seen ANY cats all week!

They had heard maintenance people making comments about "clearing out" the cats and if that is the case, she will be making some waves over there because she had planned to remove the kitties and give them a place to live, be fed and cared for.

I wished her luck...
h

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

She sent me a PM just before I went to bed last night.
She caught a b/w one with a milk mustache! Very scared, she said.

I left to go buy some quilt fabric and returned home just a short bit ago, to TWO PMs from her...
The first one said:
She took the kitty to her vet's office (probably around 9pm) for the vet-check and s/n...which turned out to be a spay. ...and kitty gave birth to four kittens before the spay and one DURING!

...and I haven't heard anything back from her!...

I don't know if they let Mamma-kitty keep her babies or not. I'm going crazy here! She did say that her vet charged her NOTHING for doing the exam, shots and spay of this rescue kitty.
Its about killing me, not knowing about the babies!

post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Got more messages from her. At first mother cat was NOT interested in caring for the babies. After a few hours, she became interested in their cries and moved them to her 'nest', so now she is caring for her babies.
My friend said she is growling when people come near, but is allowing the babies to be handled changing bedding).
h

...I see I have received a few more PMs from her, so I'm going to check out the other forum and see what's up.

post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

There are SEVEN kittens! She said they are at her friend's house because she works from home and would have had better luck if she had to bottle raise the litter.
All are being kept in a large open crate in a closed bathroom.

...she also said she'd send me pics tomorrow via email.

Seven. Wow!

post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 07:37 AM
Premier Cat

Good for your friend for helping this kitty and her babies. The vet needs a gold star for doing all that for free.

Amazing how good people can be.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 12:13 AM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to chaoticborders
Such wonderful people involved. I can't wait for more updates!
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoticborders
I can't wait for more updates!
Me neither!

post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 11:58 AM

Ah you tricked us! I thought your last post was going to be an update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page