little kittens out alone - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

little kittens out alone

there were a ton of little kittens in my driveway today, but they ran into the next yard. I followed them, saw a mother cat, but I don't want them out on their own as the weather gets colder. btw, I am now seeing a cat a day in our neighborhood before there was one cat, a big old tabby that might lounge on our front steps once in a blue moon and run off to where we assume he lives. just today I met with a black and white cat with a collar on. he rubbed up against my hand and ran into some yard, but he/ she could be running around intact and getting busy with all the others I see! I'm going to call the humane society tommorow and tell them about the kittens, but I'm pretty sure they only care if they are already caught.

I just put out some cat food and water, and tossed some into the street so they could sort of find a trail. I don't know how good they are at finding food, does anyone have a suggestion to at least get them coming regularly for food? then I'll work on catching them, wich I'll probably need even more help with

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 12:24 AM
Premier Cat

Thank you for caring. I dont think you have to put a trail of food from the street. If you find a safe feeding spot by your house they will find it. Consistantly feed them them & you can start trapping them from the feeding area. nuetered or spayed/ Then release back again.

I know it does get cold in Illinois (I had lived there years ago) You could provide a shelter for the outdoor ferals during the cold season. Keep us posted how things go in your efforts
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

thanks, I guess I'm doing all I can and just hope she trusts the food.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 08:35 AM
Premier Cat

Fingers crossed for you and your efforts. It is very compassionate of you to make the effort to feed and TNR them. Are you doing this all alone or with a group who TNR? Keep us posted on how it is going.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page