want to share a story about a pretty girl update 4/2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

want to share a story about a pretty girl update 4/2

A kitty who has been spayed and released. She has been here for the 9 years I have worked in this section and the business's have asked to kitty people not to put out food anymore because it creates problems with the crows hanging around eating the food and pooping on all the cars. So they stopped. Hopefully they moved the feeding to another area. I have not seen the kitty in almost a year. I saw this same kitty again a month ago and she was skin and bones. I want so bad to catch her and take her and let her loose in my neighborhood. But The cat lady (as I call her) stopped by and asked if we were feeding them again as she had seen bowls out. I said no that I had seen this kitty and how skinny she was that I started to put out food on the days I was here for her. I told her what I wanted to do and she warned me she was feral and might bite and that she had tried that and kitty just keeps comming back here. I am still thinking about it, because she is such a sweetie and I am not sure she is as feral as as the cat lady says. This kitty we at work call Shadow lets me pet her and comes in a lays on my desk sometimes.
I wish I could add her to my clan but money and vet wise it is not a possibility. I will continue to leave out food the 3 days I am here. I have not seen her in a week now and am a bit worried. I still leave food and it is gone the next day so fingers and paws crossed Shadow is still surviving. I did get pictures of her so here she is Shadow

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Cool Cat

What a pretty girl! I hope you're able to help her. If she comes close to you and lets you pet her, then I would say she isn't feral.

If you're willing to move her to your neighborhood and keep feeding her, and you feel that she would be safe there, then go for it! Do you have a no-kill rescue group, Humane Society or government Animal Control near you? Many times those organizations will lend out humane traps, and give advice for catching and moving cats.

Lastly, if you think she's tame enough to be someone's pet, you could always try to find her a real home, either through Pet Finder or a local shelter or rescue group. (You would just want to make sure it's a no-kill shelter, though.)

Good luck, and please keep us posted!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 07:16 AM

Awwww.. she is just a beauty Donna... Many hugs and thanks to you for looking after her. I doubt she is feral if she is coming to you for pets/love. She's probably just a stray... Keep us posted!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I feel honered as I am the only one she lets touch her. Sad though I still have not seen her again. The rain is here so I am hoping she is in a safe warm dry place.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Premier Cat

If this cat is truely feral she would run. Unless you corner her she would not attack you and bite!

Why would this woman not want feral fed? Am I misunderstanding it? Heck, whats a little bird poop! keep feeding her where your at!

Do note if you move her to a different location she has only a 50% chance of surviving.

She is beautiful.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

This little girl is still hanging around, and as skinny as ever. Tina The cat lady said she keeps trapping her and she just returns. I have not seen her since my last post. Tina called me and asked again if I could take her. Since she has taken a liking to me. Which I can't my four are more than I can handle money wise.
What are the odds of taking a feral/stray cat from one location and releasing her in another? I want to take her to my town 30 miles away and release her into another feral colony there. I have talked to the lady that takes care of them and she is willing to try. So sunday I will pick her up from Tina and bring her there. What are her chances do you think? It is in an open park area along the river. So not as much traffic as she is used too. Will she try to go back? Send prayers she doesn't
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
That's something I've never done. I have found homes for strays that I couldn't keep, but they were kept indoors. Otherwise, they came back to me. If you had decided to move her, and she was your own cat, you would have to keep her indoors for weeks. However, since she would be going to another outdoor colony, I couldn't possibly predict what she will do. It's "iffy." She would have to bond with the lady who feeds the colony and fit in with the colony. We know the propensity of a cat to return to the area she considers home.

Evidently, she's a stray. Is she spayed? She's a lovely looking cat. Have you tried finding a home or no-kill shelter for her? She's not a true feral, and you would be giving her the gift of a wonderful life.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Premier Cat

If this sweet kitty keeps returning its almost a given she will try to make it back to where she is from even if you move her 30 miles away. Her chances of survival are not good at all if you do that. Anyway you can bring her in or find some one to try to foster her?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Just wanted to give an update. It was agreed if they move the feeding station to the very back of the industrial park the cat people can continue to feed them. I guess it is working. She came to visit today and although she is still a bit skinny she is filling out more. I just happened to have a can of food which I gave her. She let me get close but not enough to touch. I am so glad it worked out this way!!!! It has been 6 months since I have seen her and I am so relieved that I didn't try to move her.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
That's good news. I hope she gets back to her normal weight.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page