stray, and scratching - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

stray, and scratching

ok well....my neighbor found a stray in her yard.. and since she has 2 dogs she gave the cat to me, the stray is a female, has ear mites, no fleas that i see of... very friendly, litter trained, but she likes to play and scratch..
my problem is should i get her tested for rabies, since i live in the country where wild animals are common... i will be taking her to the vet tomorrow no matter what, but wonder if i should take that extra precaution
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 01:12 AM
Jr. Cat

I would just to be on the safe side. Good luck at the vets!

"With their qualities of cleanliness, discretion, affection, patience, dignity, and courage, how many of us, I ask you, would be capable of becoming cats?" - Fernand Mery Her Majesty the Cat
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 06:47 PM

I would worry about FIV and FeLv first since their more common then Rabies. You get results for those in minutes.

The only way you can find out if the cat has Rabies (that I know of) is when an animal has died or put down then it's tested. I think you just keep the cat inside for a certain amount of time and if the cat remains fine then she is Okay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page