Anyone in Florida? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Anyone in Florida?

In my other thread ( https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=45320 ) I mentioned I caught 2 feral kitties, well, there is another kitten out there, and last night while trying to trap the last kitten I caught what I think may be the mama cat. I didn't think there was an adult cat so now I'm stuck for crates/carriers. I'm still trying to get their appointment with the vet confirmed, because when I made it it was only for 2 cats, now it's 4. I need to get her out of the cage and into a carrier so I can trap the last kitten.

I don't want to buy carriers I'm not going to need, so if anyone in Florida could lone me 2 carriers/crates, I would be very appreciative of them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Cool Cat

Hi Erin. Where are you located?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

PBG, Palm Beach County. I bought a crate today at walmart. It's big, but they didn't have another size that mama could comfortable live in until spaying and after, but if I got another smaller one, I could move two kittens into the big one and give her a crate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Cool Cat

Hmm, unfortunately that's pretty far from me and I don't know that area at all. I would try the following:

- Check the Yellow Pages and/or Google for pet rescue groups in your area, start calling, and see if any of them will lend you one or more crates. There are some around here that will lend trapping cages with a refundable deposit, so I bet someone would lend crates.

- Anyone who says they can't help you, ask them to suggest someone who might be able to. These groups usually want to help even when they can't, so maybe they'll have some ideas.

- Check to see if you have a FreeCycle and/or Craigslist (they usually have a free-exchange area) in your area. Post a message explaining your situation and see if you get any offers. I got a free crate this way once. Then you can pass them on to someone else when you're done with them.

Sorry I can't some up with any better ideas. I hope you can find what you need. Kudos to you for you for helping these kitties!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Green
- Check to see if you have a FreeCycle and/or Craigslist (they usually have a free-exchange area) in your area. Post a message explaining your situation and see if you get any offers. I got a free crate this way once. Then you can pass them on to someone else when you're done with them.
Funny you should mention that, because I placed an add on craigslist and the woman who runs the organization that lent me the trap responded. LOL. I totally didn't even think of asking her if she had any.

I went and bought a dog crate today, which I put the adult cat in. She's comfortable, and then I can use it for my dogs in my car. I wanted one for that purpose anyway, so this gave me an excuse. I can probably put two kittens together, and then I should be Ok.

Thanx for the suggestion.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 01:44 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I'm glad you got mother cat; what about the other kitten?

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

He's still out there. I saw him around our trash cans so I moved the trap up closer to the house and ended up trapping a possum instead. He was none too happy.

I've been seeing this kitten hanging close to the garage where mama cat is, so tonight I moved the trap next to the garage. And since I had the trap out last night he never got fed, so he should be hungry tonight. If I don't get him tonight I'm going to feed for a few more nights and try again. He's got to be starving, and judging by how skinny the other cats are, he probably needs to be fed.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 09:03 PM
Premier Cat

Poor baby; I hope you get him soon. I imagine the others are doing well, under your care.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Yes, they're doing good. The male let me pet him today, without a towel over him. Everytime I've put my bare hand in his crate he hissed at me, but today he didn't. I scratched his head for a seconds and then shut the door. They're both using litter boxes, and of course eating like horses. The little female feels like she's put some weight on. She's so sweet, she's a big mush. If I don't keep her she will make a great companion one day. She gives me the love eyes from across the room. On a few rare occasions I've gotten that feeling of gratitude from an animal when they've been rescued, and she's one of them. She just seems so thankful to be inside snuggled on a dry warm towel.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 09:16 PM
Premier Cat

That's so touching.

Jeanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page