What should I do? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

What should I do?

We have been feeding a black male cat for 2 days and are wondering if he is a stray or if he is lost. I'm not great at guessing age but he is atleast a year old and not fixed. He is beautiful pure black with green eyes and affectionate (which is why i think he is lost). Plus he does not look like he is starving and wants attention more than he wants the food. I live in an apartment complex and they do not like animals hanging around so I am worried they may call the pound.

What should I do?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Save a Life, Adopt a Pet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Oh, my! That's a predicament. I would check the lost and found ads, call the shelters to see if a cat fitting that description has been lost, also the police and animal control, and perhaps the best source of information, the children who live nearby. They are outside more, and might know the owners. If that doesn't work, I would feed him, trap him, contact the Humane Society for a low cost neuter, and see if they are a no-kill shelter which will find him a home. Does your landlord allow cats for an extra fee?

I love black cats.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

I'm going to wait and see if he comes back again. There are a few neighborhoods through the woods behind our complex so I dont want to be the reason someone loses their outside cat. He doesnt stay in the complex constantly. I dont know where he goes. But he was here yesterday and today at about the same time in the afternoon.
I already have 3 cats, and i really am only allowed to have 2 so keeping him is not an option. I will wait it out. He appears to be well fed. I posted a FOUND ad on Craigslist.com

I'll keep you updated but in the mean time here is a pic of him. He followed me up to my door (on the 3rd floor) and hung out on my porch looking in at my kitties for a little while.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I so hope he has an owner!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Cool Cat

Aww...the photos make him look like he's in jail! I hope you can find his owner, or a new home. Best of luck to you both!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

I know it is so sad, like he is an outcast. I feel bad. I have posted a million things on websites and some flyers at the mail area. If no one does anything in a few days I'm going to take him to the Lots of Love at Petsmart.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

So it's been a long time and I finally got something figured out for this kitty. Sunday is the earliest I can do anything. I finally found a Rescue group that is willing to take him. They are all full but I sent this particular group a picture of him with me to show how loving he is and it must have got to her!

I just have to get him tested before he can be placed with the other cats and then run him across the street to PetCo where they will be. I am so happy. I have been worrying for 2 weeks it seems and refused to give up til I found a place that would take him that is NOT a shelter. (I also just found out there are no No kill shelters near me). How odd. They are all atleast 45 minutes away. Anyways I just wanted to update. Also since then I have put out a carrier with a blanket and food and water and he sleeps there every night. I have become attached so it will be hard but I cant keep him and he deserves a good home. I reorganized my PhotoBucket pics so I realize the other pics are gone so i am going to add a few more!!

I am sooooo happy!

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Also I would like to poll:

How old does Sparta (that's what I call him) look to you?

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Premier Cat

He looks like a LOVE! He also looks full grown but he doesn't have the big jowls of a tomcat who has been competing for females, I'd say under 2yrs?

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Premier Cat

That is fabulous news! He looks under 2 to me also. He looks in good shape which is a plus. Now well all light candles for him to get a great forever home!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page