Sparta has a Forever Home - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Sparta has a Forever Home

Two weeks ago I wrote about the feral that I named Sparta. I was having a hard time getting him into a Rescue. Well, I ended up getting him into one and was sooo happy! They had him neutered the day after I took him, got him all his shots, dewormed and the whole works!

Well, they wait a few weeks before they are actually put up for adoption. So it finally came around, and today was the first day he was up for adoption at a local Petsmart.

He was only shown for two hours before HE WAS ADOPTED!!!!
I could not be more happy!! I am so happy I was able to find him a Forever Home!! He is so sweet I knew someone must want him!! Not to mention he is beautiful (and has an awesome name). I am just too happy for words about it all

Here is a picture for those who dont remember his name or just never saw him before:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Save a Life, Adopt a Pet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

That's great news!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 07:50 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
That's wonderful news! Someone got a beautiful cat. Thank you for helping him.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Premier Cat

Two hours before he was adopted, that is amazing!

Poor Shadow spent a whole adoption weekend and no one gave her a second look. Perhaps the fact she hid behind the litterbox the entire time had something to do with it. Her cage companion (CalicoBob, of course a calico/manx) was adopted the first day. I had hoped they would go together as Shadow and CalicoBob had become friends/playmates after their kittens were adopted.

Anyhow, I had to come pick Shadow up on Sunday afternoon, and when I walked into the cat adoption room and went to her cage, she was huddled and hunched as small as she could get behind the litterbox...until I called her name, then she gave a little meow/cry and came shooting to the front and put her paw through the bars, reaching for me.
The volunteer told me that was the most active she had seen her all weekend. When I told Hubby about it, we decided to keep her and not put her through another stressful adoption weekend. She is now LuckyDuck's play-buddy and she likes to leap up and pounce on his shoulders from behind and roll him over, then race down the hallway with him hot on her tail.

Two hours. Great job, CnC86 and Sparta!

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Sparta Update - bad news

I have bad news...

The Rescue group woman wrote me today and said that the girl who took him yesterday brought him back today and said that he wouldnt get along with her cat at home. Obviously that girl has no idea how you introduce cats she must have just thrown them together. She had him for 24 hours, if that! The rescue group woman said that the girl kept mentioning money and how her husband couldnt know what the adoption fee was and a bunch of stuff like that. So she believes the real reason is that she didnt have the money or that her husband didnt want the cat or didnt want to pay or something.

I dont know, but now I feel bad. Sparta must be so confused. In the past two weeks hes been at my house, the vet, the fosters house, petsmart, that womans house and now back to petsmart til tomorrow then he will be back at the foster house!! Ahhhh!

Anyways, sorry this is so long. Here is a link to his website at the Rescue Group. They allowed me to make an "about Sparta" and uploaded some pics I took.

http://candyscats.rescuegroups.org/anim ... lID=453906

Save a Life, Adopt a Pet.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he soon gets a forever home. Poor baby.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Premier Cat

Hang in there. There is the right home for Sparta.

Keep reminding yourself Sparta is in the best place possible. He has you who cares for him deeply and the rescue willing to take him on to find a great forever home.

Atleast the woman brought him back. It probably wouldnt of been a committed home anyway. I have to keep reminding myself of that when people bring a cat back with lame excuses. I just have to be grateful they arent dumped by the road. I have to control myself not to go into a slow burn!!!

Sparta is so well adjusted. Im sure there will be a forever home soon.

PS
I have my foster cats chipped. so if anyone does abandon them and they are found we will be notified. I put my rescue group on the 24 hour pet watch form.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page