A happy ending - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

A happy ending

Im going to try to condense this story.

We had foster cats who thru unfortunate family troubles dumped our fosters at a shelter on the Mexican border without us knowing. We were trying to find space in foster homes for them, to get them moved.

We went down & bail them out at $65 a pop. In the 5 days they were there, before we found out, they all came down with bad URI. My group asked me to take one. (I had several fosters already.) I agreed to.

The shelter had taken all the carriers in the back and loaded each cat in them and brought them out. We couldnt get out of there fast enough.When the cat arrived in a carrier to my house i thought he was sleeping but it turned out he couldnt walk and was listless. I freaked. We spent the evening trying to contract the vets on call for this shelter. They didnt return calls and the one that did return our several attempts of calls and leaving messages was committed to seeing some horses which would take up his day. He atleast tried to tell us over the phone what we could try to do to help. But it didnt. The other finally called back and said he had personal plans to spend the day with his son. With the attitude of its your problem I dont want to deal with it. Grrrrrrrr.

We took this cat to my vet early Monday morning. (He is great.) He gave him a steriod shot, a drip, took exrays because he couldnt walk. (We think someone may have kicked him.) and sent me home with meds for the UR which resulted in settling in his eyes and ulcer on his tongue. The vet said it was touch and go.

We called him Little Man. He did pull thru with lots of TLC. He was adopted out to a young man in college here. He and his friends looked at all the cats at our adoption event & picked Little Man. Even knowing he would have to give him eye meds indefinitely. Normally I worry about students adopting and making it a long term commitment but my guts told me this is a good person. I didnt hear from him for over a year half.

We recieved a donation this weekend from him. He put a note with it. "My cat Little Man is the best cat anyone could ask for! Thanks

It brings tears to my eyes everytime I read it. This is what we all work so hard for all the kitties to find. A great forever home. A safe and happy ending!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Cool Cat

Wow, what a great ending, thanks so much for sharing that.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Premier Cat

Tissue. *sniff* Darnit! Who moved my tissues?
How very nice for Little Man and his person that they let you know how well they are doing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 01:04 AM
Premier Cat

Awww that is so sweet! I love happy stories. Can you imagine all the other happy stories out there that you just don't know about? It actually made me teary thinking about the cat being rescued, the owner still remembering where he adopted from after 1 1/2 yrs & donating money with the note.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 02:32 PM
Senior Cat

Thats a lovely story ....

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Boy Cats: Tucker,Freeway,Tyson,Copicat,Mike
Girl Cats : Magic, Garfield, Buggie,Lexie,Spike,Ginger,Blue,Spooky,Rotten, Trouble
Strays: Charlie
2 Conures,2 African Greys,1 Black winged Jardine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page