Waylen - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Waylen

Yet another abandoned cat wandered into my sisters yard that she began to feed. He stayed for pets and loving and attention. Today he showed up injured. She managed to get him into a crate & we took him to the vet. I asked the vet to have him tested and then do everything he needed to get him back to optimal health. They FIV and FelV tested him for us since this cat had contact with her fake feral who is out of doors maybe 5% of the time.

He came up FIV possitive. I have to call tomorrow to have him put down. My heart is breaking. There is no one who can take him. There isnt even anyone who has room to foster him. He fights with other cats so we cant risk putting him out in with the general population.

He has scars on his big ole tom cat face. Hes had a hard life since the heartless person who abandoned him to fend for himself. I had such hope for him. My heart is breaking. We had named him Waylen since hed come wail for food from my sister.

Waylen we loved you. We only wanted the best for you. Im so sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 11:29 PM
Premier Cat

I'm sorry for you, your sis and for Waylon. I've had to have two young cats (who just showed up) pts because of positive tests. It is heartbreaking.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thanks Heidi. So many of these guys are forgotten little souls. It breaks my heart that no one is there to care and grieve for them. He wanted love and safety. He kept trying to get into my sisters house. He wanted to be with the other cats. I dont want him to go to the other side without being remembered or known about... tears coming again..this is so hard to bare.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Senior Cat

I am crying for Waylen, too. And for all the others who suffer and are alone. It is so sad and heartbreaking. But I am thankful you and your sister have given him love and caring while you could. He will be free now to play with other kitties, no hunger or pain shall burden him again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lucille & Koko
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thank you LilRed. Im sure he feels all our good energy and prayers in their passing. Its obvious you have a big heart for cats.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 12:03 AM

That's so sad. I'm sure that you've looked into all of the other possibilities. It's too bad that there's not a no kill shelter that could take him. Everytime I read these posts I start crying. Positive thoughts coming your way from me, my husband, and the furry babies. *HUGS*
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

That is the sad part. There is no place for him to go and there is no one to foster him. the only no kill shelter in the area doesnt take FIV cats and the other one up in tucson has around 500 cats when their limit I think is around 200. It broke my heart.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 03:37 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Bless little Waylon's heart. I wish we could help him. We don't know the many, many heartbreaking stories about abandoned pets and feral cats. God bless His little creatures.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Premier Cat

My heart is aching thinking about Waylen. At least he knew love finally & he never has to worry about food & care again
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie
We don't know the many, many heartbreaking stories about abandoned pets and feral cats. God bless His little creatures.

I think if we knew it would be just too much to bear. It hurts so much when there is nothing to be done...
Merry, thank you for all you tried to do. Gentle bridge vibes to you, Waylen.

Sue

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page