New Project. UPDATE: She's inside, 2 new pics - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

New Project. UPDATE: She's inside, 2 new pics

Tortie! Pictured with one of the tomcats.
I've called my adoption lady and she said she'd take her. I will bring her inside as soon as I can get her, then she'll be spayed (possibly next week?) and during her recovery I'll get her further socialized so she can go to the Adoption Center.
I expect this kitty to be a short-term project. She came up to me today, didn't care to be held but loved to be pet/scrubbled. She has a lump on her rump, just before her tail and a little to one side. Possible abcess.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 02:59 PM
Premier Cat

Re: My new project:

She's a beautiful cat! It's so great that you're helping her like this. Let us know how it goes . . .

Holly and Murphy
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Premier Cat

Awww a tortie. She looks on the small side? We just got in a tortie apx 8 months. Must be the month for torties! She will go back to her colony though. Torties are unique personalities has been my experience. Plus people either love the look or dont. No in between. I dont know why this look evokes so many opinions! heres hoping for the perfect home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitts & Tess
Awww a tortie. She looks on the small side? We just got in a tortie apx 8 months. Must be the month for torties! She will go back to her colony though. Torties are unique personalities has been my experience. Plus people either love the look or dont. No in between. I dont know why this look evokes so many opinions! heres hoping for the perfect home.
I LOVE torties!!!My Princess is a tortie and she was a rescue although she has been with me since she was just a few weeks old.Here is a picture of my Princess.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Cool Cat

She's beautiful! Kudos to you for helping another kitty find a home!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I brought the Tortie inside late yesterday afternoon.
Two pics I took of Tortie today. She won't stay off of me, so it was hard to get nice photos.
She really is a tiny little thing. She purrs, head-butts and makes biscuits. I've begun lifting her to hold to my chest and she was doing well. Tonight I lifted her to the toilet seat and then tried to lift her to my chest and it freaked her out a bit so I'll go a little slower with her. As soon as I can get her comfortable being held/carried, she will be ready for adoption.
h

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 07:46 AM
Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to sungeun11
Re: New Project. UPDATE: She's inside, 2 new pics

Is it a stray or abandoned?? Good Luck in training it! How does your other cats respond?

When I was very young like 3 or 4 years old, a stray pregnant female cat was hanging around our back garage. Soon enough both my parents brought her into that garage and let the cat have the babies. I forgot how many but she had more than 4. I have pics of me holding and watching the kittens. My mom loved the tabby cat and felt bad for her that we brought her into our home We weren't sure how old she was maybe at that time, just a couple years old. With her personality, my mom named her Sweetie and she was so nice to everyone. She would never bite, hiss, or claw at others. I miss her She somehow got into a fight (sorry, she was an outdoor cat) and then got leukemia.

HAHA I guess it ran in the family cause my husband and I rescued Princeton as well. He is 11 months now and doing well.

Princeton our "SLKF" Special Lil Kitty Friend
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Because she is so friendly, I think she may have been an abandoned/dumped-off kitty due to pregnancy.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to sungeun11

Ah, that's sad but at least your love can bring her up

Princeton our "SLKF" Special Lil Kitty Friend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page