My newest project!- Updated - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

My newest project!- Updated

Ive been blessed to be working alot lately plus this is what I took on in the cat department! They are living in my air conditioned garage. Im blessed to have friends helping me with this or Id be overwhelmed! It made it into the local newpaper too.

These guys wandered up to a business and a kind gentleman took them in but didnt have money for the surgery. Theyve been this way for 3 years. He is now in the process of trying to hang on to his business but its not looking good. This is why we accepted the cats. Normally our mission is TNR. The man in the picture, my neighbor, spends several hours a day socializing Lavern, Shirley, & White Soxs to them to get them ready for new people. Hes like a cat whisperer, with the progress he has made with them already!!!

Please note I dont want anyone to send money. Its not the reason I posted it. Im confident well be able to raise the fund. Were almost half way there. But I would request everyone send their prayers and good energy to help these guys find a perfect forever home!

http://www.gvnews.com/articles/2009/.../79talk603.txt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Re: My newest project!

How wonderful of you and everyone else involved to take these kitties in and care for them. I hope you raise the money soon and they have a full recovery.

Paws and fingers crossed here and good thoughts being sent your way.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

Bless their hearts! And bless you, Merry. You have been an angel to so many needy cats! I hope they get wonderful, caring homes.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Good news. We’ve raised all the money we need to cover the surgery ..Plus more.

So I moved the extra over to cover surgery for a month old kitten brought to us. She was part of 4-kitten litter. She got her foot caught in a lawn mower the vet thinks~ by the way it was mangled. We had to keep her on pain meds for a week to put some more weight on before the surgery. Our super fantastic woman vet, Dr.Lefebvre, did the intricate surgery to remove its leg and the kitten survived. She’s now running around and happy as a clam looking for a new home. The foster mom named her Tippy.

I took in Lavern and Shirley and Dr Lefebvre removed the eyes and they are doing well. White Soxs had her surgery two days ago and she is doing well. She has about 30 stitches in her eyes. Dr Ashton said it took her 4 hours to do the surgery. We are blessed to have such skilled vets here. One more left to do. Mougley. He will stay with the gentleman who rescued him since he is pretty unsocialized. He only trusts the man.

Were floating on cloud 9 with being able to do this for the kitties. If everyone would pray for forever homes for them Id be grateful.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

My prayers are with them, Merry! I'm so glad you were able to help them.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Premier Cat

Re: My newest project!- Updated

I wanted to find this thread to add a book title to it:

Homer's Odyssey: A Fearless Feline Tale or How I Learned About Love and Life with a Blind Wonder Cat
by Gwen Cooper

An amazing book and I immediately thought of you and your fosters...I'm about half way through it and am enjoying it thoroughly. If anyone encounters a blind kitty, I would recommend reading this book as Homer is amazing and lives his life *very* fully.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page