Brave Kitty Cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Brave Kitty Cat

The orange kittys are getting brave. Well one of the three is brave. He/She would come into my backyard(we have a fence in yard) and he/she would squeeze it self between the gate and the fence to come into my backyard. Then he/she would come to the big deck and jump on the railing and sit there. Once we open the door the kitty moves to the small deck.

In the afternoon when the shade moves to the front of the house the kittys would sit on the driveway to be in the shade. So i took some pictures of them today.

I took pics of the one kitty on my driveway.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/N ... 0_0153.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/N ... 0_0154.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/N ... 0_0155.jpg

How come in this picture ^^^ the hind end is taller than the front end?

This is the kitty sleeping on my small deck
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/N ... 0_0148.jpg

We are going to make a trip to the humane society and talk to someone about catching these guys/gals.

Every morning when i feed them...the one kitty sits under the bush watching me make up its food. Sometimes he/she would come sort of close to me...but then runs off. So he/she is getting brave. We have known these kittys since early summer.

Thanks for reading this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Re: Brave Kitty Cat

The sooner you can socialize them, the better. Try sitting quietly, with a bowl of food nearby, and move it a bit closer every day. If they aren't socialized they probably won't get a forever home.

They're such cute little marmalade babies! I so hope you can socialize them! If not, at least they will get neutered/spayed and I know you'll see that they're fed.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCatzGirl
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/N ... 0_0155.jpg
How come in this picture ^^^ the hind end is taller than the front end?
I see by your PB account, you have horse knowledge? I've had horses all my life, and I'm sure you've seen this, too....young horses will reach awkward growing stages, varying between butt-high and then level before going butt-high again, but usually butt-high the most often. IME, this is because with horses (so I assume with other animals, too) their main height is in their legs, but horses' barrels/shoulders/withers mature last, and that is where they get their final height, finally having their withers reach their butt-height and looking balanced and square.
I think the orange guy looks like a prime candidate for socialization in preparation for a purr-manant home.
heidi

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 11:41 AM
Premier Cat

What a sweet looking marmalade! He/or She looks very healthy. Im thinking from the picture its about 9/10 months old?

Make sure your Humane Society doesnt put cats down if your considering taming her to take her in. Most cats dont do well in shelter situation. Too much stimuli and smells. They are such creature of habits.

It sounds like he/she has pick you to love and get familar with. Smart kitty!!!! I bet you could bring her/him around.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

To heidi.,,,

You are correct about the horse thing. I own a horse. Ive been riding for a long time.
Ive seen some horses where there butts are taller than there front end. So i was wondering about the kitty with the same thing. Thanks for the infor.

-------------------------------

I really wish i could some how trap the kittys and bring them inside my house. But mom won't let me. We have 2 cats and a 7 month old lab mix. It wouldn't be fair to them to bring in a new kitten. We don't know if these guys are sick with something. I don't want my cats to get what they have.

We do know someone who works at the humane society and is good at catching cats. So we just have to call her and tell her about the cats.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page