Henchka - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Henchka

One of the other ferals around the house is definitely not a friendly cat. But I did get an excellent picture of him. Right now I have a trap baited with some yummy smelly wet cat food to try and entice him in. If he goes in tonight, he will be neutered tomorrow morning.

Hopefully he takes the bait! It'll be better for him when he is neutered.

He has put on weight nicely since I started feeding him and the other kitties a month ago. And his coat has more sheen to it! Even though he isn't going to be tame enough to be a pet, he can still be a healthy boy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 07:52 PM

Re: Henchka

What a handsome little man! Hopefully he does take the bait so he can continue on being a healthy cat, without producing more little kittens.

He even has a beauty mark on his face, like my boy Jethro does.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

That's great, Stacy! You're very kind to take care of the ferals!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Premier Cat

He is beautiful. I have a soft-spot for the tabby/whites with a "race" on their face...the little jagged white stripe up the face that starts to one side.

I should caution you...*every* feral I TNR'd I was able to tame/socialize AND ... they became my housecats. I was never able to leave well-enough alone and *just* put out food, I had to befriend them, too.
Yay! What an advocate you are for these kitties!

post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thanks all! I think he is quite the handsome man too! He did take the bait, and he is covered up in the basement until morning when I'll take him in. I thought he'd outsmart the trap, since I watched him trying his best to get the food through the bars with his nimble little paws. I was sure he'd set it off accidently, but eventually, the lure of smelly sardines was too much and he went in.

I saw a new cat tonight. The trap and food/water/shelter area is in view of a window. If I turn off the lights in that room, I see the cats, but they aren't bothered by me. He/she was a black shorthair with a very cute, round face. I put out some wet food for the kitty and retreated to watch. Oh boy was that cat nervous, but beautiful, and in need of a good meal. So hopefully I can also bring that kitty in for TNR.

Edit: Interesting and funny thing just happened! A housemate came home, and was looking out the kitty window. The new black kitty was in the process of stealing the sheet covering the trap! Dragging it through a gap in the fence. Since I didn't want to loose the sheet, I went outside and retrieved it, and pinned it down with a few heavy bricks. Henchka yowling at the other cat is what drew of my housemate's attention to the sheet theft! I wonder if that black cat is a female, and was looking for nesting material?
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 12:19 AM
Premier Cat

Wow! Could be...that would be my guess...
Great job with the TNR! I wish more people would get involved to help the ferals around them, too.

post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Guess what?! He was kept for adoption too! The humane society is on a roll! From what I've heard, they have excellent socialization program. They accept volunteers of parent/children teams to work with cats so they are more adoptable.

The trap is set again with some yummy tuna this time, if I can catch the black kitty tonight, he/she will be going in tomorrow morning to be spayed/neutered.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 12:39 PM
Premier Cat

Awesome, awesome, AWESOME news! I am over-the-moon with happiness for the kitty-lives you've been able to change!
...a favor...
Could you get me some information about their socialization program? It sounds wonderful! I am always looking to learn skills that will help me with my own foster cats and better my foster and socialization skills.

post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Cat

I'll be sure to ask next time I am there. I am hoping to open up some time in my schedule to volunteer there. They aren't taking anyone in cat socialization, but there are other things I could do.

I'll be keeping an eye on the website to see when he goes up for adoption too! I'll be paying both him and Sophie a visit when I can!
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Premier Cat

Thank you, I do appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacykins
I'll be paying both him and Sophie a visit when I can!
That is so sweet!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page