I touched the feral brave kitty - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

I touched the feral brave kitty

I have this cat toy....its a plastic stick with a long braided rope attached to it..then on the rope are some ribbons and a bell tied on to the rope. So I took this toy outside and was playn with Brave Kitty with it. He was having a good time. He was pouncing on it,rubbing against it,chasting it...everything.. He was purring like crazy while this was happening.. So when he got close to the ribbon and me..I reached out to him and he came to me. So now he is letting me pet him... As long as i have this toy i can pet him. lol When i sit on the grass...he would climb into my lab and cuddle. Again he purrs when he is in my lap. That is one happy kitty. The other 2 cats just sit on the small deck and watch.

This morning when i went out to feed them breakfast....brave kitty came racing over to bring me a dead frog from our small pond. So i had to take the frog away from kitty. The cats like to hunt for frogs in the small pond.

Last night Ms.Brindle cat and Mr.Smokey came to the little deck too. After they ate there food,they went into the big bush and brave kitty went in the bush too...someone hissed at brave kitty. Why do you think that is? Thats her baby. Why would they do that? After that Ms.Brindle and Mr.Smokey left the house and went someplace else.

I emailed some more shelters about the cats and one place said they have no room. So i am still waiting to hear back from the other places i emailed. If anyone wants to come to Ny and help me out tha would be great.

Thank you for reading this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Re: I touched the feral brave kitty

It's so nice that Brave Kitty allowed you to pet him! I know you must be pleased.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCatzGirl
Last night Ms.Brindle cat and Mr.Smokey came to the little deck too. After they ate there food,they went into the big bush and brave kitty went in the bush too...someone hissed at brave kitty. Why do you think that is? Thats her baby. Why would they do that?
I think that is great that the Brave Kitty is letting you pet and socialize him! Hopefully the other kittens will follow The Brave One's lead and approach you, too. I hope some organization in NY will be able to help you help those kitties, and I'll answer your question:
The reason Mamma Kitty is hissing at her litter and 'pushing them away' is because of instinct. Yes, she was a good mother, birthing and raising them ... but now she is preparing for her *next* litter and she cannot spend any energy (care) or resources (food, shelter) tending to them as she must preserve all of her energy and resources for herself and this new litter to be born. The older kittens are at the stage in nature of: Do, or Die.
Your assistance can help them survive.
If you could get a TNR organization in to help you, they could help get the cats spayed/neutered and possibly trap the kittens for socialization and adoption. TNR would prevent the female cats from mating and birthing, as that is very tough on them; pregnancy, birth and nursing in a constant and demanding cycle.
I wish I lived closer so I could help you. Best of luck,
heidi =^..^=

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

To Heidi...is Monroe, near Alphatretta? I have a friend who lives there.
I wish you could help too. Thank you for your answers.

My cat went to the vet today for a check up so i gave mom some pictures of the orange kitties to give to the people at the vet. So they posted them on there board with our phone number.. So cross your fingers that somone will call us asking about the kitties.
Mom said that the vet tech really likes the fuzzy ball She already has 2 cats..so mom was pushing her to get fuzzy ball hehe... So we will wait and see.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 10:33 PM
Premier Cat

Oh, I hope someone will help you with those babies. (hope-hope-hope!)

Alpharetta is on the other side of Atlanta from me. I think Six Flags is over on that side of Atlanta, too. It is probably 2.5-3hrs driving, probably 80mi or so...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page