How to trap a kitten - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

How to trap a kitten

This was related to me by a friend who does TNR with me. It had me in stitches!

How do you trap a kitten living under a shed. Bring 7 flash lights, lawn chair, net, 3 traps- pack rat trap, kitten trap, normal have a heart trap. Bring blankets, kennel, variety of foods, concret blocks. Go morning noon night for a week pleading, conjoling, and tempting the kitten who sits just out of your reach.

Place concret blocks along back of shed that face the busy road. Have sick volunteers come out and crawl under shed to watch the kitten toy with them and stay just out of their reach. Put ever tempting morsals in the traps only to watch the kitten not set the trap off by being half in and half out.

Bring mother cat back in a carrier to call the kitten out into a trap. Let mother cat cry in car all the way over only to be silent once you get to the shed.

Finally get so mad you sit in the lawn chair and your not leaving till you have this kitten. Watch the kitten play with the net laying on top of a trap. Watch the kitten check out all the traps and food. Sampling each kind in each trap without setting it off. Finally, after 45 minutes, lean over and pick it up suddenly and listen to her purr and be happy not struggling as you put her in a carrier. Her name is P I T A. You can figure out what it means
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 02:12 AM
Premier Cat

Re: How to trap a kitten

x100!!! That was hysterical! Crazy cats and what they put us through! ...I think a few of mine have middle names that are "PITA"...

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator

That's great, Merry!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 07:59 AM
Cat Addict

Great story! The funny thing is that it is SO easy to picture it all happening! PITA is a great name for a cat! (I've only applied it to certain customers in the past. )

Sue

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 09:42 AM

lmao could see it all happening
btw what does pita mean?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilminxlou
btw what does pita mean?
Pain In The A-hem.

Just adding an informative note about trapping small kittens who don't weigh enough to trip the trap-door.
I have temporarily rigged my Have-a-Heart trap to not be set off by weight and instead by-passed the trip pan and used a light twine/string/rope that I pulled and tripped the trap-door. I did this when I wanted to trap an entire litter of kittens at once (instead of one-at-a-time) after they had *all* entered the trap to eat the canned food. Of course, this only works if the kittens/cats will allow you to be visibly present and w/in 15-20' of the trap as they enter to eat.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Cat Addict

hahahaha hilarious!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page