The Jackie-Boy drama continues (medroxyprogesterone acetate) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

The Jackie-Boy drama continues (medroxyprogesterone acetate)

Hi! So, i got jack neutered. He is still mean. tonight, i tried to move him away from my foot (he was going to claw the crap out of it) and he bit me HARD and wouldn't let go. Luckily i wear gloves when i'm with him and have begun carrying a spray bottle too. I sprayed him in the face for the first time and he didn't seem to like it. he backed off, slunk away, and watched me for a while before coming over to apologize. He was quite a bit sweeter after that and i saw him think about biting me another time, but he didn't do it. i still don't trust him though. Ok, so he can't live in that room forever, but i am so afraid to put him back outside. especially now that we've bonded. if i put him out, i'll have to wear armor and carry a spray bottle every time i go in the yard because he will follow me around and attack my feet if he doesn't like where i am going, and he will sit in my lap and bite if he's excited, and he will definitely attack the kittens when they get in my lap. so, here's my new thought. has anyone tried medroxyprogesterone acetate for an aggressive male cat? I am reading that it can curb aggression. that would be so great. catching him for a shot every 3-4 months might not be fun, but it's better than being attacked or having to relocate him to an undesirable location. any thoughts?

allison
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Cat Addict

Re: The Jackie-Boy drama continues (medroxyprogesterone acetate)

I don't have any suggestions but I do have a Thank You. I'm lucky the two cats I adopted never had behavior problems. Thank You for caring for cranky old Jack

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 11:41 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Re: The Jackie-Boy drama continues (medroxyprogesterone acetate)

I'm sorry, but that's a question for your vet. I thank you for helping this cat.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page