I've had lots of feral cats, They are breeding machines. yikes! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I've had lots of feral cats, They are breeding machines. yikes!

I now have only one cat, the only cat I attended to have. It first started with our neighborhood cat Smokey. He was neutered, and it seems that he used to be an inside cat. A friend came along from the wild, we named him Spot. Another Feral cat came, we never gave this one a name. Three was too much! Spot had ear mites problems and had a very bad disease that could easily spread to other cats. We took this one to the vet and it was best he be put down.

So now it was two. The other cat, not Smokey, had a litter of six, four were never seen again, one was given away and the other was fed at our house. Now it was three again.

The owners of the Neighborhood cat didn't want them anymore so he was going to give them to the Humane Society. I couldn't let this happen so I took Smokey into the care of me. His friends found out about where he was kept, and where the food was. So now I had one cat but was feeding three. Then again, we found a very young kitten lying on the street in the rain, seemed to be the kitten of the mother. I think it was a single litter. This was her second time having kittens. We named this cat 'Ninja kitty' who was black and white.
Later on, about two months later, it disappeared forever. And again, The kitten from the first litter of the mother, got pregnant while we were out of town, and had a litter of three, one was black, one gray, and one half gray and half orange and some what white. That kitten had a blue eye, and a gray eye. Then once again, The Mother cat who had two litters, had another litter of just one, under our porch. We did not know she was pregnant.

We just recently gave all of the feral hoard of cats to the humane Society.
All this mess of cats would have never happened if we had just spayed the first cat. I totally regret that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

This was my favorite kitten:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

This is Ninja Kitty

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

This is the Mama that had three kittens

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

This is Smokey

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 12:47 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
What a shame. It's so important to spay or neuter, but you know that now. There are organizations that will help if you need it in the future.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Jr. Cat

This is exactly what's scaring me right now. I've had a couple of ferals a couple weeks now and the appointment I have isn't until Oct 6 and I'm just hoping and praying that they're both females or that they aren't interested in mating yet. lol.

I also have their mom with me who was already pregnant and she gave birth to 5 kittens last Tuesday. I'm going insane. I feel bad but after they can be taken away from her I'm going to take them to a Humane Society in the next county that I know takes good care of the animals they receive and they get tons of adoptions every day.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Yep. . Its good your going to get them fixed. That is as soon as you can do it so your doing your best. It is such a great thing to rescue cats and bring them into your care.

I hope those kittens are healthy and find a good home.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page