Small milestone - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
zcb
Jr. Cat

Small milestone

In addition to their canned food every morning, my two ferals also receive a "snack" late afternoon of boiled chicken breasts. This afternoon the black male actually took a piece of chicken from my hand. He also seems very interested in what's behind the front door. The doors are glass double doors and I sometime find him peering through the glass. He still gives an occasional hiss but he's getting much better. His friend, momma cat, is still very wild and will not come too close to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Cat Addict

Cool! It seems to take forever, but those little concessions on their part mean so much, don't they?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Premier Cat

You may call that a small milestone but I call that a giant step. How wonderful! That trust bond is forming!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 12:36 AM
Cool Cat

That's nifty! Maybe momma cat will see that he's not being harmed by taking things from "the big ol'e monster", and also come eat out of your hand!

I live in my dad's basement, so my door is actually the patio door from the recreation room (which I have turned into my living room). I had put the feeding station right out on the edge of the patio, so all I had to do was peek out and watch the cats.
Disco would come meow at the door, like she wanted to come inside...but of course always ran away when I went to open the door. But one day, when we got an early snow, she didn't go too far...so I put canned food just inside, and waited. When she came to eat, I hurried and shut the door behind her (almost got a tom-cat too, but he was too quick and escaped). Then of course when I made the appointment to get her spayed, I had to set the humane trap inside! LOL
I was sort of hoping she would stay around like that, and I could let her in at night... but she stays in the thicket with the colony (though if I go there, she'll still let me pet and hold her).
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 01:19 AM
Premier Cat

Vivid Dawn that is an awesome story. Trapping inside. Thats a new one!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
zcb
Jr. Cat

I guess we think that they must want what we want and that's to be inside and all civilized. I'm beginning to see that theirs is a totally different life from what we know. I watch them napping in the sun on their outside beds and I really think they are content. After they have their morning nap they are ready to cruise the neighborhood looking for birds, mice or even a lizard or two. They show up again around supper time for their snack of chicken breasts then another nap. Around dusk they are off again. They have their own agendas. I am really becoming so very fond of these two, they are teaching me so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page