Why do some of the strays follow me for hours? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Why do some of the strays follow me for hours?

Even after their bellies are full and they don't want any more food and treats, a few of the strays in the colony will stay right beside me for as long as I stay in their feeding station, which can be hours, and some of them will follow me around the neighborhood. One of them today followed me during 5 hours (I led her to the park and the gardens around here, together with my house cat).

The Royal von Meouw Dynasty: His Royal Highness the late Prince von Meouw,
Her Royal Highness Princess Gatita von Meouw, Nikita Duchess of Meouw and
His Highness Cuchi-Cuchi, next in line for the throne of Prince von Meouw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Premier Cat

Eee Ummmm ~ clears her throat ~ this kitty has picked you out and is in love with you. She wants you to take her home permanently. How can you resist?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I don't think so about this specific cat, because she's the Queen Mother of the strays' colony I care for, and she has her home here downstairs, and we've known for months yet she won't let me touch her... I can't think of what she enjoys about following me around and sitting near me (but never next to me)... She also has this strict rule of the Queen Mothers of the colonies, by which I have to always serve her first (otherwise she chases all other cats away and becomes aggressive to them and swats my hand). I love her to bits but there's nothing much I can do for her, seeing as I don't understand what she wants from me... I used to hide blankets for her to sleep on, which she loved, till I got fed up of the mean neighbors throwing the blankets away.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Premier Cat

She sound wonderful. She definitely has a bond with you. I bet she thinks your the queen of the colony! Do you have a picture of her?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I'll take some photos of the colony tomorrow, good idea!

We kind of share the rule over the colony, I guess. She recognizes me as the big provider and protector, but she (and the one tom cat) are the Queen and King. The basics of their ruling can't be overruled even by me. He patrols the perimeter of the colony constantly (as toms do) and chases off new cats when they become more in number than the usually available food. She makes sure the veterans of the colony (her sisters) eat first. I've read that this is typical organization of a cats' colony, so I respect their rules now and don't try to overimpose mine. On the other hand, they respect that I ration out the food for everyone present and not only to them, and they'll allow non-resident cats to eat, only to respect me.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 08:58 PM
zcb
Jr. Cat

That is so wonderful that she has accepted you. My two are getting a bit closer day by day. Momma Cat doesn't hiss at me and when I put her dish down she actually touches my hand with her head in her eagerness to eat. Awwwww...I really care about these two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page