I have a problem. Not that anybody can really help, this is more just to vent and have a cyber-shoulder to cry on.
Vermilion is one of the cats I was going to trap this Spring and have Animal Control come take away (he would be euthanized). It's not that I don't like him, but his life out there is low quality. Lately his nose is all scratched up and infected from all the fights he gets in (and I think he starts most of them, the way he acts around the other cats). Even if it wasn't his own health, I had decided to send him away as he bullies all the other cats away from the food and guards bowls so nobody else can eat much.
Anyway... now he's limping. Left back paw is swollen, and he's not putting any weight on it at all. I don't know if this is an injury from something in the junk pile (there's barbed wire, sharp edged metal stuff, nails sticking out of wood boards, etc. in the place they all live in), or if he got it hurt in a fight.
I hate for him to suffer more than necessary. As there's really no way for me to give him pain medicine, I think I should trap him as soon as possible. I could do it tomorrow, but it's supposed to rain and they don't really come out when it's rainy. Friday is snow, so even less chance of him coming out.... plus if I do it on a Friday, I don't know if AC would do any euthanizing right away, or let them sit in cages for the weekend?
I guess I could set the trap and HOPE that he gets in it (instead of Zinny, who likes to try to get the canned food bait), or just wait out the weekend and start on Monday instead. I don't even know if his foot might be better by then, or if it'll just end up getting worse if I wait and he'd be in even MORE pain next week. SIGH
Awwww, my poor Vermy! *cry*