Behaving Oddly - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Behaving Oddly

It's wild weather here in the central valley of California...or as wild as it gets here at any rate. Heavy winds and rain, no worse than any we've had before. Usually during weather like this, the ferals go to ground, generally under the house out of the weather but I've been noticing since last night they seem agitated. One black female cat was at the door acting like she wanted in and she got so close to me I was tempted to reach out and touch her. Of course, she bolted. I woke at sun up...well, it was up somewhere I suppose....and nearly the entire colony was gathered on the patio where I feed them and at the back door. Again, several acted like they wanted to come in and they never want to come in, no matter how bad the weather! I don't usually feed until later in the morning but I went ahead and fed them. They are still gathered out there, and I just don't know what to make of their peculiar behavior.

Today is the first day of spring...Hah!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 11:24 AM
Tom Cat

I heard on the News that there were tornadoes in California...maybe that's whats making them so jumpy?

"Dogs have Masters. Cats have staff." - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 11:24 AM
Cat

Has something invaded their comfort zone, a critter maybe. Something has run them out. Are they all accounted for, maybe one has taken ill or sick. They feel more comfort near your house, not theirs, which is not normal. When stressed the first place they should move to is under the house.

Last edited by cushman350; 03-20-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

No tornados here...yet. Just strong winds, but none we've not seen before. We don't usually get any critters here (that cats don't promptly dispatch anyway We did have an opossum once feeding at the bowls years ago. I just feel bad for them. I tried setting up dry, warm places for them to sleep when winter came but they wouldn't use them. They prefer under the house.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Cat

the only times that my guys have acted out of ordinary was when they were spooked by something. just the other night something large must have come to their feeding station, whatever it was knocked over some of the rocks that i use to keep wooden pallets in place. that next morning two of my guys were nowhere to be found and the two that were around were clearly frightened. fortunately later that night my other two came back home no worse for wear. i was so relieved since i had feared the worst.

"In studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called lower animals, and contrasting them with man's, I find the result humiliating to me."
--Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page