Hurricane Irene - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
zcb
Jr. Cat

Hurricane Irene

To all those in the path of this monster, please stay safe. I worry so about all the homeless animals who haven't a clue what is happening to their world. You are all in my prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Cat Addict

Animals are smart and they know something is up. They will retreat to their hiding places.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Senior Cat

I was wondering...for those of you who have little houses for the outdoor kittys ..what do you do with them during a huge storm like this one? Do you bring them inside your house? or do you make sure they stay secure on the ground?

I have a cat house for my 2 feral cats...but im going to bring it inside tonight. Its on my porch out of the rain. Im going to worry that the cats are going to come looking for it because thats where the food is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 08:19 PM
Cat

I think animals have a pretty good sense of impending danger. There were countless reports of animals running for higher ground right after the earthquake that caused the Thailand Tsunami. It's still a good idea to provide shelter for them though. My thoughts are with all of you during the storm.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 12:22 AM
Cool Cat

I am in NY and today I noticed my cats were acting strange. I found them together in the little treehouse. I think they knew something was up because they never hang out together like that.

I guess they sticking together for this event.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 12:35 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
I am in NY and today I noticed my cats were acting strange. I found them together in the little treehouse. I think they knew something was up because they never hang out together like that.
Lol.

"I feel like there's something big going to happen."
"What do you think we should do?"
"I think we should get to higher ground."
"We don't have higher ground."
"Sure we do, we have a tree!"
"How come you get the part with the roof?"
"Shut up."
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 12:54 AM
Cool Cat

LOL Mow Mow, that's exactly what they were talkin' bout. The storm is getting bad, praying we are all going to be safe. We are not in the evacuation zone but still scary! I think they were picking up my nervous vibes today as I prepared for the hurricane.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 07:45 AM
Tom Cat

I live near Washington, DC, towards Annapolis (east). I usually fed the eight or so cats by the dumpster, but there is a ground-level, sheltered patio where I can also fed them (vacant condo owned by Fannie Mae). I went out last night around 6 pm, near the height of the storm. Two cats were hanging around that area so I fed those, and afterwards they went right back under a low-to-ground bush, away from the patio. So, yes, cats have their hiding, safe places scooped out.
I went out at 6:30 am this morning and everyone showed up and acted normal (for them).
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Cool Cat

So far things where I am are good. No flooding, just windy and the rain has subsided. No power outage although they did say they would be shutting the power off last night.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Tom Cat

The winds here have picked up significantly in the past hour or so, and the rain is coming down hard at an angle....so we had to shut some of our windows.

Yoshi doesn't seem too disturbed yet.....although he's not getting into as much trouble as he normally would when we're home, now that I think of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page