Favorite feral photos - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Favorite feral photos

I really liked the feral photos posted by Whaler and Lyle and thought I would add this shot taken this week of four members of my barn colony.
From left: Otto, Rose, Taba and TJ.
TJ is one of the founding members; he came from our local rescue group in March 2010. He was so frightened of me at first that he ran whenever he saw me, even if he was 50 feet away. Now he is a judicious alpha and though he doesn't care to be touched, he will sit right next to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ferals 002.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	718.6 KB
ID:	4074  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Cat Addict

Who you lookin' at?

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Tom Cat

Various attitudes. They look like a rock band posing for an album cover.

Last edited by lyle; 02-03-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Cat

they are simply beautiful Greenport ferals! they look incredibly healthy.

i am glad that i am not the only person that has feral cats that are, as one person described my crew, "well fed" - aka a little chunky

lyle, your description is perfect. "ladies and gentlemen, The Greenport Ferals!"

"In studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called lower animals, and contrasting them with man's, I find the result humiliating to me."
--Mark Twain
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyle View Post
Ha, ha, I fell out laughing.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 06:51 AM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyle View Post
well .. Greenport Ferals does sound like a rock band name.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaler View Post
they are simply beautiful Greenport ferals! they look incredibly healthy.

i am glad that i am not the only person that has feral cats that are, as one person described my crew, "well fed" - aka a little chunky

lyle, your description is perfect. "ladies and gentlemen, The Greenport Ferals!"

You guys crack me up. Made me look at them in a different way yesterday morning when I drove to the barn.

Yep, some of them are a little hefty. They get canned food every day, but I tend to heap up the dry food bowl because there are a few who come and go and I always want whoever shows up to have something to eat. Since they are outside cats, a few extra pounds are good in the winter.

In the real world, I 've noticed that some truly wild feral cats are huge - you wonder where they get all those calories.

Anyone have any more feral cat or colony cat photos to share?
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Premier Cat

The black cat is my foster cat Ace ~ part Maine Coon. Ive had Ace for over 3 years now, waiting for his forever home. Ace is snuggling with our faux feral cat named Toby.

For two years Toby circled the neighborhood. I feed him but he wouldnt let me near him. When I started a TNR group with some friends, he was one of my first TNRs I did. My cat laid next to his kennel while he recovered. I kept him 3 days in the kennel to make sure he was OK! I know, that is over the top, but thats the way I roll!

Toby took off and disappeared for two days after his release and then showed up again laying on the outside of my sisters screened in porch while my cat laid next to him on the inside! Then he came in for short visits. Visits grew longer. Then he let us touch him. Then he let us pick him up briefly. Then he let us carry him around. This was a 4 yr process. Now he is inside 95% of the time and outside 5%.

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Cool Cat

Awwww these pics are great, looking forward to seeing more!
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenport ferals View Post
You guys crack me up. Made me look at them in a different way yesterday morning when I drove to the barn.

Yep, some of them are a little hefty. They get canned food every day, but I tend to heap up the dry food bowl because there are a few who come and go and I always want whoever shows up to have something to eat. Since they are outside cats, a few extra pounds are good in the winter.

In the real world, I 've noticed that some truly wild feral cats are huge - you wonder where they get all those calories.

Anyone have any more feral cat or colony cat photos to share?

the vet that took care of the last one that i caught back in november called me up that night to let me know how it went and said "he's really healthy". i told her that daddy makes sure that none of them have an empty tummy.

ok, a couple more of my favorite pics;

bootsie from back when he was a chubby little boy

perhaps my favorite pic. mommie giving bootsie the evil eye after he started scamming her food

bootsie being a pain. he was posing so perfectly, at least until i tried to take a picture.

"In studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called lower animals, and contrasting them with man's, I find the result humiliating to me."
--Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page