Stray cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Stray cat

This huge stray cat has been hanging around for about a week now. he will not let anyone get close to him so i am guessing he is a feral cat. i went down the road because a person who mainly is a hoarder has a lot of cats and I asked if she had a big fluffy orange one and she said no but one got into a fight with her cats last month. I had Dice outside a few days ago with me and the stray was in the back yard and Dice was to and they got along fine. I called dice over to me though and put him back in the house. I havn't let any of my cats out since then and they are about to drive me nuts but they need to learn to be strictly indoor cats anyway. I was taking my ferret out yesterday and he was sitting there staring at me. he has been living in my garage(I put a dog house in there) he can come and go as he pleases but since it gets cold at night I let him stay in there. I also put some food in there. As long as he doesn't do any harm I don't really care that he is in there. I would like to make friends with him but he is an olderish cat it looks like. Thunder and fat Albert were feral but both were only a few months old when I found them and it only took a week for them to trust me. He now sits across the yard from the garage and sees me put food in the bowl and then when i got back in the house he goes and eats. he is a really pretty cat and reminds me of a cat I used to have.

here is a really bad pic of him. If I see him again(he hasnt should up yet today) I will try and get a better pic of him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 01:30 AM
Cat Addict

He looks very handsome! You never know. He might eventually warm up to you if you feed him. Blacky took a year before I could pet her, she didn't trust humans. She's now been in our family for ~10 years. She was spayed and everything, so she'd previously had some form of human contact - no idea how old she really is, but she wasn't a kitten when we started feeding her and we thought she was really old due to her teeth condition and blurry ear tattoo... but hey, it's been 10 years!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

He comes on the porch now to eat He runs when I open the door but not far and once I shut the door he is back on the porch. He went missing for a few days and I got worried(a family of fox's live under a garage in the house by me) but he came back

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

He is missing again. I can't find him anywhere. I leave food out there but he doesn't come
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 10:57 PM
Cool Cat

oh the poor kitty! i hope he comes back to you. he actually looks like a total sweetie - just scared. if you don't see him again, i can only hope he finally found his way to his real home at last. i'm praying for him!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 04:04 AM
Jr. Cat

Hi,

First of all I must say he is a gorgeous cat!

Maybe he comes to eat and drink in the night... If he is shy, he may be coming around and you not seeing him. Sometimes stray/feral cats go missing for more than a few days.
Don't despair, your friend may have several places he visits where he is also fed and cared for... Feral/stray cats have extended territories, ranging from a few blocks from a few miles...
If you keep a constant supply of food and water at your place, he is very likely to visit you again!

Keep us posted pls

sandyrivers

Mommy to:
Tonali, Elphin, Stibule, Gino, Katla, Airell, Rasta and Chipcat-Filou. All rescued cats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page