How long before she will eat?? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Cat

How long before she will eat??

She's been inside for 24 hrs., and I still haven't seen her eat anything. She is still in her hiding spot, which is what I expected, but when do you think she will start to eat? I'm hoping when it is dark and quiet she will come out to eat.
Sally
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 10:16 PM
Cat

Is her food in the same room with her? Is it the same type of food she was eating before? I think you're right, she'll probably come out at night when it's quiet.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Yes, her food is in the same room with her, and it is the same kinds she hd before. This is all so new to her, every noise, every light, I know she is very scared. I would feel better if she started eating though! Hopefully soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Premier Cat

Cats can go a couple days refusing to eat. Not sure where she is hiding. If its under a bed shove the food under there or close. Normally they will begin to come out when everyone is asleep and explore and eat and use the box.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
Cat

She is hiding under the futon in her room, but when I go in and talk with her, she now come half way out, purrs and rolls on the floor. She also has started to eat. Now - waiting for her to use the litter box. I have two in the room, both with some organic soil and litter in them.
Sally
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Premier Cat

Ive never had a feral not use a litter box! We only use regular litter. Dont bother with the organic soil. Unless that is what your planning on using for its litter from now on out.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Tom Cat

It took Miley a couple of days to do #2 after I got her back and she started eating regularly again. But she did pee in the litter box halfway through the first day, though. She was lost for a week, and lost weight, so she probably had an empty stomach. If kitty has been refusing to eat for a while it may take a day or two get a bm.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 04:18 PM
Cat

How is she doing?

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
Cat

I am very happy to report that Ben is doing wonderful! Eating back to normal, comes out to see me whenever I go in the room - up to a few inches, purring, rolling on the floor. Still have not touched her, waiting until she is ready, which I think is soon. I know it probably will startle her, but will try. She is going to be a great little cat!!!!!
Sally
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 04:11 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Also uses the litter box, I had two in the room, but she was only using one, so I took one of them out. This has gone so smooth, it scares me!!!!
Sally
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page