cleaning the outside cat house - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

cleaning the outside cat house

Do you guys clean the cat houses for your outside cats? If so,how do you clean them?

I have this http://www.vetdepot.com/store/i/is.a...&bw=340&bh=340 on my front porch for 4 feral cats. 3 of them are males. I know one of them is spraying the inside of the house. There is pee on the bottom of it too.

Every morning when i put food inside the house,i am always wiping down the house with paper towels to clean up the pee. I am so annoyed about it.

So today i soaped up the house really good and then hosed it down and let it sit in the sun for a while to dry.

Is there a better way to clean this cat house? or is soap and wate the trick?

Sometimes i take the top off because the cats spray on the inside of the top.. but i dont like to take it off all the time because theres a dog across the street(a little yippy dog ) that gets out loose and he comes to my house sometimes and eats the cat food. So i have to keep the top on but i dont lock it .

Before winter comes...im thinking of getting a second one...maybe a bit bigger to put some straw inside it...but i am worried that they will spray that one and the straw will smell.. So i cant hose it off in the freeze cold winter.

what should i do then?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Tom Cat

Are they fixed? If not, I'm guessing it's not pee, it's just spray. Pee/spray, six of one, half-a-dozen of the other, but I don't think they'd pee where they sleep. Spray, yeah.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 09:01 PM
Cool Cat

I'd use Dawn and hot water. Maybe you can spray some Feliway in it to keep them from peeing or spraying.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

No,the cats arent fixed. Thats why theres cat pee. There was a puddle inside the cat house. yuck.

What is Feliway? where do i get it? The pee gets along the sides of the bottom part of the house and on the inside roof.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCatzGirl View Post
No,the cats arent fixed. Thats why theres cat pee. There was a puddle inside the cat house. yuck.

What is Feliway? where do i get it? The pee gets along the sides of the bottom part of the house and on the inside roof.
Comfort Zone Spray with Feliway for Cats at PETCO

It's synthetic cat pheromone spray. It supposed to make them relax and a lot of people say it prevents spraying.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page