How to put Revolution on a feral?? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

How to put Revolution on a feral??

My feral girl, Arwen, is very trusting of me, she will even let me pet her while she is eating. I always wait until she is done eating, so I can protect her from any other cat or critter that may come along and try to steal her food...which has only happened a few times, but I watch her. Anyway, I just became aware that drontal is available OTC, and am thrilled, since I have visibly seen tapeworms near her bum, and she has been very bloated at times, I can't wait to get the pills and worm her. I just took my indoor cat in for a check up and am going to get some Revolution from the vet but put it on Arwen, since she is outside all the time. It is summer more or less, already, here in FL, which means the fleas are here already. She is usually very clean for an outdoor kitty, but I have seen flea dirt on her, and obviously she has them, since she lives outside. I was curious on how I can quickly get this on her without her freaking. My cats HATE when I put the advantage on them and run, so I'm wondering how to get this on Arwen without her attacking me or running off. I've started moving her fur about, on her shoulder blades, to get her used to me ruffling up her fur, like I would do before administering the drops. I figure that is a start. I guess you just sort of have to do the super fast squeeze to get them all on there? LOL! Silly question, but I really want to keep this on her throughout the summer, to keep her more comfortable, but not quite sure how she will react. I guess maybe give her some raw meat or something extra tasty to her to distract her.....then I'm thinking that could be worse....she could become protective of the food and scratch me...though she never has done that. Just wondering if someone who does this for their ferals has any tips for me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Cat

I've never done this but I'm curious as well. One idea I just had is to practice with an eye dropper and water so that she doesn't freak out if you do it with the Revolution. Maybe try that a few times to get her used to the sensation, and give high value treats or food when you are done each time?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Cat

Hello, I also started by sitting with my feral cat, patting her and ruffling her fur on her neck so she would be used to that. I got the revolution, cut the tip off completely with scissors so it would come out faster and was able to put it on her neck. Couldn't do it without cutting the tip completely off, because it took so long to squeeze it out - with cutting it more or less poured right out, and it worked!
SAlly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 01:27 PM
Premier Cat

Evening Primrose oil gel caps broken into their wet food will rid a feral of fleas. My friend would do that once a month during flea season.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitts & Tess View Post
Evening Primrose oil gel caps broken into their wet food will rid a feral of fleas. My friend would do that once a month during flea season.
Really. I did not know this. I'm guessing you get these at a GNC or place like that? Good to know.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 02:17 PM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitts & Tess View Post
How interesting! How many do you use for one cat?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 10:44 PM
Cat Addict

Ya, this is interesting, I might just try to give some to ET as a preventive measure. I have been seeing some tiny little insect that hops, in ET's room. Frankly, I don't know what tick & fleas look like (cross finger I never need to see these). He doesn't like fish oil, olive oil, just hope he will like evening primrose oil, lol.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-19-2013, 08:05 AM
Premier Cat

Mix it in with their soft food or baby food meat to get them to ingest it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page