Small Orange Homeless Kitty - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-08-2013, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Small Orange Homeless Kitty

Today after I put my dog in the back yard, I saw a small orange kitty no older than 4 months old on my porch. I haven't seen him in the neighborhood before and I was surprised when he approached me. I noticed that he was VERY skinny so immediately gave him a can of soft food and water. I took him inside to put him in a carrier and take him to the police station; I had no idea what to do with him. I already have 3 indoor cats and cannot have another (I am pushing my limits with my landlord). At the police office, the dispatcher told me that all the officers were out on a call and it would be awhile and she wanted me to hold him until tomorrow, which I cannot do (I don't have anywhere to keep him). I noticed when I got back home that he has ear mites so extreme that his ears are overflowing with white and brown matter and not only is it infecting both ears, but also the space between his ears! All I had was some out-of-date mite drops, and I used them anyways. He is still on my porch eating food and waiting for 'love' and it has been over 3 hours since our ordeal. I don't know what to do the humane society isn't open this late and I'm afraid he is going to be gone in the morning. The things us cat lovers do for stray cats. He loves attention and I know that that is his way of saying 'thank you'. I have since named him Sunny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-08-2013, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

The dispatcher said they would 'take him to the pound' and my heart lurched when I heard this. I told the lady 'he isn't bad, he is just hungry, homeless and scared.' I have always had the perception that the 'pound' was a waiting place for animals on 'death row'.

His ear mites look like globs of spiderwebs or warts. They are pretty nasty. By far the worst case I have ever seen.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-08-2013, 06:55 AM
Senior Cat

Do you have a garage or shed to keep him in until you can take him to the humane society?
Orange kittens are the best BTW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

We decided to keep him as an outdoor cat. He lives under our porch and in a cedar bush next to the house. I have been medicating his ears and so far they look better and I have been feeding him and he has put some weight on. He just sits and waits for us on the porch. I just got home a few minutes ago and there he was, sitting in one of the chairs
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 12:14 AM
Cat Addict

Wonderful! This cat really needs you for medical care and food. I don't think he had a prayer at the humane society. Poor little cat.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 12:33 AM
Senior Cat

Red boys are my favorite. You will need to bring him to the vet soon for testing, vaccinations, and to be neutered.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Premier Cat

Orange boys...
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 07:13 PM
Senior Cat

No such thing as an "orange" cat. Red is the correct color word.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetimesfour View Post
No such thing as an "orange" cat. Red is the correct color word.
I'm quite old and I know them as 'Ginger'. Always have. They're certainly not 'red' as I know the color, but 'I've no objection to somebody calling them red.

Missy is Ginger.

JusJim
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 07:57 PM
Senior Cat

Red is the proper color word for cats of the ginger shades. There are no "orange" cats. Ginger is usually a British term, but since it means red, ginger satisfies me as well.

Calling red cats "orange" is a peeve of mine as you can probably tell, and I am compelled to put in my two cents about Red Boys, Red Boys being my favorites, when I see them called "orange", because it bugs me.

However I won't go on about it any more in this thread, I promise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page