Cat Forum banner

A purring surprise

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  spirite 
#1 ·
Sunday night I was parking my car when I saw them cuddling on the mat outside the front door of my apartment block.
I fed them and they ate like crazy. And of course I couldn't sleep, so I went down for regular checks in the night...Next thing in the morning, I dewormed them and took them in:) They love to be petted , they start purring every time I open the door and of course they keep asking for more food.

Paschalis didn't let me sleep all night,he kept scratching the door. I think he means well, he doesn't seem aggressive, just curious :catsm , so he spends all day long on the balcony watching them play and sleep:

I hate it I have to give them, but since I'm leaving town for the summer in a few days, keeping them is not an option. A friend of mine is coming to take them this afternoon:-(

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
All my gosh, they are so cute. Its just (sigh) so hard when you know you can't keep them, maybe someone will take both of them, that would be great, lets keep our paws crossed!
Is your friend going to keep them?
Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#4 ·
No, unfortunately, she can't keep them, she will take them to her boyfriend's parents. They live in a village outside of Athens, so I won't be able to see them but at least I'll learn their news and know they are safe there. I'd really like to keep one , but I can't bear to separate them. Before I took them in if they couldn't see each other they would start meowing and looking for one another, so I don't think it's fair. At least where they are going they will be together.

#9 ·
My babies are not with me any more.I didn't expect it to be that hard.
I wish I didn't have to go, I wish I had more time to be sure I 've made the right decision but most of all I wish I could keep them. They 'll be at my friend's for some days, so I can visit them.
They were so loving and affectionate. They lay on me, looked me in the eyes and fall asleep purring. I kind of feel I betrayed their trust.

#10 ·
It's amazing how quickly we get attached, isn't it?

You shouldn't feel that you betrayed their trust at all. You showed them affection, gave them food and a place to stay, and have found another home for them.

Who knows, perhaps something will change when you return and you'll be reunited!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.