A purring surprise - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 06:42 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

A purring surprise

Sunday night I was parking my car when I saw them cuddling on the mat outside the front door of my apartment block.
I fed them and they ate like crazy. And of course I couldn't sleep, so I went down for regular checks in the night...Next thing in the morning, I dewormed them and took them in They love to be petted , they start purring every time I open the door and of course they keep asking for more food.

Paschalis didn't let me sleep all night,he kept scratching the door. I think he means well, he doesn't seem aggressive, just curious , so he spends all day long on the balcony watching them play and sleep:

I hate it I have to give them, but since I'm leaving town for the summer in a few days, keeping them is not an option. A friend of mine is coming to take them this afternoon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 06:59 AM
Premier Cat

All my gosh, they are so cute. Its just (sigh) so hard when you know you can't keep them, maybe someone will take both of them, that would be great, lets keep our paws crossed!
Is your friend going to keep them?
Sent from Petguide.com Free App

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 10cats2dogs; 06-25-2013 at 07:02 AM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 07:17 AM
Cat

They are so sweet! I don't think I would be able to hand them over, although I know you are right At least you know they will be in good hands and can see them when you are back. Presuming that your friend will be keeping them?

Click to give - it's free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

No, unfortunately, she can't keep them, she will take them to her boyfriend's parents. They live in a village outside of Athens, so I won't be able to see them but at least I'll learn their news and know they are safe there. I'd really like to keep one , but I can't bear to separate them. Before I took them in if they couldn't see each other they would start meowing and looking for one another, so I don't think it's fair. At least where they are going they will be together.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 08:24 AM
Premier Cat

Well fudge, not the best outcome for you, but in the long run maybe the best for those two cuties and you can feel good knowing they are together. Kudos to you.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 08:28 AM
Premier Cat

Congratulations! You've done a great thing to take these kittens in and find them a good home.

Holly and Murphy
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 10:14 AM
Banned

WOW are they spectacular looking!!! The one looking in the patio window looks like our Stripey cat. The 2 new ones are breathtaking. I wish I could take them!!
So great you made sure they are homed and fed.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 12:03 PM
Premier Cat

They are ADORABLE! Thanks for finding them a home. I loved the pictures!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

My babies are not with me any more.I didn't expect it to be that hard.
I wish I didn't have to go, I wish I had more time to be sure I 've made the right decision but most of all I wish I could keep them. They 'll be at my friend's for some days, so I can visit them.
They were so loving and affectionate. They lay on me, looked me in the eyes and fall asleep purring. I kind of feel I betrayed their trust.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 01:57 AM
Premier Cat

It's amazing how quickly we get attached, isn't it?

You shouldn't feel that you betrayed their trust at all. You showed them affection, gave them food and a place to stay, and have found another home for them.

Who knows, perhaps something will change when you return and you'll be reunited!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page