Gracie needs a home ASAP - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Gracie needs a home ASAP

Attention Everyone:

Gracie needs a home ASAP!

She is a grey cat who I took in. Shes at the vet right now getting her shots and getting spayed. I can not take her b/c I have 4 cats and 2 medium size dogs. Plus mom wont let me take in another kitty. But I would love to find her a home as soon as possible. Shes sweet. She will purr once you pet her. She might plop to the ground and let you rub her belly. who knows.

A special feature about Gracie: she has extra toes on the front feet. So she walks kinda funny.

She lived outside for a long time. So her coat is a little messy looking. but with the care and food she will look really pretty. We think she is 2 - 3 years old

IF you can help me out with this kitty let me know asap!

I would love to find her a home and get her out of the horrible heat that we've been having.

I am in Orange County,NY So if you live in the area let me know. Maybe you can help me out!!

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4933.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	21098  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Cool Cat

Aww so sweet of you to help Gracie. I wish I could take her myself! I hope you find her a good home. Have you checked with local rescues to see if they have room?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 11:16 AM
Banned

Looks just like my dearly departed Wally-cat!!! I hope someone chimes in. We have 3 at the moment.

She is like the Hemmingway cats in Cuba with the extra toe!! Oh I wish I could take her!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

I emailed 2 of the local shelters...they said they don't have room.

I did come across this cat rescue that looks really awesome. They are closed today. so have to wait until next week when they are open. but in there you tube video..they show this big room with a lot of cats walking/running around. they have many rooms like that(im guessing). I think they are a cage free type of place. not sure. its a big room with cat trees and other things for the cats to climb on. I have to email them to make sure they have room.

So gracie is here in my house. she is staying in the back room. My cats(stache,simba,blue,and brinie) are not happy at the moment. they want there cat room back.

So gracie is here for a while. here are some updated pics of her being inside.

you can see her belly where she got spayed.

Shes eating(sort of) and shes drinking cat milk. shes having a fun time spilling her water bowl all over the floor though.

Now shes hiding behind the computer desk. ive been working with her to come out and say hi. when she does come out.. I say *good girl gracie* and I pet her. she hangs out with me and purrs and lays on the floor with me.

Its weird though...when I leave the room for a few hours....then return..i have to start all over again with her. its like she forgets who I am or something.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 06:28 PM
Cool Cat

Aww Gracie! She is so skinny. She's probably still a bit freaked out about the whole thing. Thank you for getting her off the street and spayed! I think she will blossom into a beautiful girl. Do they know how old she might be?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 08:12 AM
Tom Cat

Hope she finds her forever hope soon she really is beautiful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Gracie Update 7/25

Its been 7 full days since gracie has been living with us. She has been staying in the back room.

The back room consist of a computer desk . 2 windows with a big cat tree infront of the window. Theres also a comfy window perch for the cats go on.

food and water. litter box. of course

So every morning around 10:00 Gracie gets her morning milk. http://pet.imageg.net/graphics/produ...-3926590dt.jpg

Its in a small glass bowl. I dilute with water and I heat it up for her. Boy does she love that milk! Sometimes she will drink the whole thing in one sitting other times she will take her time and drink it.

Shes also eating the dry food that ive been giving her. She loves the canned food as well. Ive been added the nutra cal muti vit for cats in with her dinner.

Since we keep the back door closed...ive been going in the room every few hours to keep her company. She hides behind the desk so I sit on the floor to see if she comes out. It takes her a while to come to..but after a few mins..she comes out of her shell and says hi.

Gracie purrs and then she would plop down to the floor and roll over and let me rub her belly. Then she gets up again and I pet her and she would plop down again.

I found a place that might take her(if they have the room)....they take in ferals and semi ferals and socialize them. so that's cool.

But gracie is getting over her kitty cold... so we have to wait until shes better before we bring her to this cat rescue.

She got her shots and meds for the cold last Thursday. Shes still sneezing and coughing. so mom is picking up some meds from the vet to give to gracie . so hopefully this will make her feel better faster.

Here are the 2 links about Gracie that I posted earlier..

https://www.catforum.com/forum/56-fer...rey-kitty.html

https://www.catforum.com/forum/51-cat...home-asap.html

I hope the cat rescue has room for gracie because my cats want there special room back. I also want their litter box out of my bathroom and the girl's cat food out of my bedroom. I think gracie will like this place.

Thank you for reading this.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 06:20 PM
Cat Addict

I think you did a great thing taking her in, getting her spayed and shots, and I sincerely hope someone will take her in after all that you have done for her. Poor girl, she deserves a good home. Have you tried asking the vet if you can put up an advertisement in their office? Or if they have a facebook page? Some vets will do that. Also, going into a rescue place, rather than just calling one, you might have luck talking face to face with someone about helping get her adopted. Good luck, you did a great thing for her.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Gracie is a semi feral cat...so shes not ready to go into a family just yet. So that's why this cat rescue is good for her because its a cage free place. They socialize the ferals so they can get into a good home. They have many different rooms for the different cats that they have.
I was watching there you tube video and it looks like a great place for her. so I am crossing my fingers that they have the space for her when shes feeling well enough to go there.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 08:17 PM
Cool Cat

You are taking such great care of Gracie. I hope she will get over her cold soon and get taken by the rescue place. It sounds like a perfect place for Gracie to get socialized. I'm so glad you rescued her. She sounds like a very special kitty who deserves a good home and happy life
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page