Here We Go Again: Choco-kitty! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Here We Go Again: Choco-kitty!

This is the as-of-yet unnamed (I've been calling her Choco-cat for lack of a better name) kitty that I will be bringing home tomorrow. I'm assuming the cat's female because I was told so by the person who brought her in to the centre, but I haven't had an opportunity to verify that yet. She's a semi-feral cat that was trapped on Monday night by another trapper, but, as it turns out, she was already TNRed about 2 months ago--the trapper didn't notice her eartip. I remember noticing her when she came in the first time and thinking that it was a shame that she wasn't adoptable because she was such a beautiful and unique kitty.

Choco-cat was going to be returned to the colony today, but I've been thinking about her since she came in on Monday, and I couldn't let her go back knowing that she'd been returned to the colony previously and had managed to find her way back to the centre--almost like she was asking to be given a second chance. She's semi-feral, but less so than other cats I've socialized in the past, including Miss Autumn. Choco-cat was meowing when she was brought in, and, from the few minutes I spent getting her settled in her trap, it's obvious that she has the potential to be a pet again. It's sad, but we often have to return socialize-able cats to their colonies due to lack of resources. We had three consecutive feral spay/neuter clinic dates on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday this week, so most of us trappers were out catching cats; most of the cats we trapped were kittens, which is good in the sense that they'll be socialized and hopefully found homes for, but it means that anyone who had the space, ability, and patience to rehabilitate an adult semi-feral is waaaay too busy with kittens to try, especially since kittens are so much easier to socialize and get adopted. I had to at least try with Choco-cat though; the way she looked at me, I felt like she was asking me to help her.

And, considering her unusual colouration, I think I'll be easier to find her a forever home than it might otherwise be. Nope, it's not just a trick of the light, Choco-cat really is chocolate brown and white! I'll post more pictures once I get her home and settled, the photo above was taken with my phone camera while she was still in the trap.

Proud people-mommy of Galileo, Dante, Cosette, Autumn,
Ramona & Choco-cat (and foster kitty, Poe).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 08:53 PM
Cat Addict

I think she is beautiful and doesn't even look as scared to death as the ones I trapped.
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Premier Cat

Look at those Big Huge Eyes!!
Poor baby!
Good on you for giving her a chance!! :p

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 10:07 PM
Cat Addict

Wow! Gorgeous! Send her my way. I'm the self proclaimed chocolate-obsessed cat and dog person, but I've never owned one... and likely never will since they're so rare outside of purebreds, especially for cats.

At the sanctuary of 700+ I can only think of one chocolate kitty, and they also have some white, although they're long haired with white feet, a bib, and a little white spot on their nose.

Along with the dogs
and
post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Yes, she's very unusual. I've never seen a kitty her colour in person before. And, hey, I could always ship her to you.

Last edited by marie73; 08-16-2013 at 12:26 AM.
post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 04:10 PM
Premier Cat

She a beauty. She looks amazing calm in the trap!!!!!!

Thanks dt8thd for taking a chance on her. Must have been fate shes back again.

Looking forward to hearing about her.
post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Banned

What a sweet face.
I am sure she will repay you in lots of purrs and cuddles!
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallycat View Post
What a sweet face.
I am sure she will repay you in lots of purrs and cuddles!
I certainly hope so.

Choco-cat is in her trap in my garage right now. She has a vet appointment tomorrow at noon, and, provided she gets a clean bill of health, I'll be moving her into a big crate in my room tomorrow afternoon. She is definitely not a feral cat, she meowed at me for food when I opened a can of wet at the Recovery Centre, tolerates brief light touches, and responds in kind to long slow blinks.

I'm pretty excited about her.

post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 07:03 AM
Tom Cat

Oh she is utterly stunning! Thank you for giving this baby a second chance. It is amazing how things like this work out! I've never actually seen a choco and white kitty before either - she is very unique!
post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 12:45 PM
Premier Cat

What a pretty face! I think Choco or Cocoa are great names! Or Sepia or Henna. Those are synonym for chocolate. I'm looking forward to the updates already!!

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page