A new milestone with Arwen :) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

A new milestone with Arwen :)

My little feral girl, Arwen, I've been caring for her for going on two years now. She went from being the poor little scrawny, drab gray kitty that ate from garbage cans to tolerating me sitting near her, and slowly we made more steps toward her trusting me. First it was the brush up against my leg, then lightly petting her head. It took FOREVER for her to trust me enough to pet her back. Now, I can pet her all over, scratch her chin, even touch her sides and belly. All of this was very gradual, but each step made my heart so happy. I can even lift her up under her front arms, as if to lift her, but she does not want me to lift her off the ground, so I don't, but she's cool with the "half-lift", so I take it. Well, yesterday, I was sitting outside in a chair, and got some cat treats, put them on my lap to see if she would jump onto my lap, and she did. She has done this once before, but she ate the treats and jumped back down right away. Yesterday, she actually stayed on my lap!!!!! For about 3-4 minutes!!! She did not sit, but she kneaded my legs and she let me pet her back, and even rubbed her head against my shirt. It was another step for us. It was very sweet. I'm hoping that one day she will settle down onto my lap and stay there, but I know this is foreign to her and she may never do that, but it was just another one of those YAY moments with Arwen, that made me so happy. She is now lovable with my hubby too, and he is always encouraging her to come into the garage, which she will walk in there for a few but she won't sit in there or stay in there, but we are hopeful she will come around.

Just thought I'd share this, since it was such a happy moment for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 04:17 PM
Cat Addict

Ah, thank you for that. I can tell you're so elated! Arwen sounds lovely, and obviously has found a very close friend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 04:48 PM
Senior Cat

What wonderful progress. Absolutely priceless and joy inducing

Jen - owned by ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lisbeth
RIP Miss Effie, Mme Coco, Basil, Horse & Toby
Be Happy in your new forever home Mr Tyrion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 04:52 PM
Jr. Cat

Sounds exactly like what I'm working on with Humbert (a 7 yr old rescue I've had for 5 weeks who never got human attention), and I totally get how exciting it is to see those baby steps! Mine has done a lap sit once and just this week started to come onto the couch (he refused to go on furniture if people were sitting there) and headbutted me as I was working!

I'm sure Arwen is starting to understand just how lucky she got
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 04:59 PM
Cat Addict

I celebrate with you!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 05:09 PM
Cat Addict

Insert happy dance......HERE!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 07:22 PM
Premier Cat

That is so sweet!congratulations to you and Arwen!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Cool Cat

That's wonderful news! How exciting for you!

Proud people-mommy of Galileo, Dante, Cosette, Autumn,
Ramona & Choco-cat (and foster kitty, Poe).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page