The Feral Kittens Update - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

The Feral Kittens Update

Well, a lot has happened with the kittens. Winnie, the smallest of the kittens who never really grew , developed constant diarrhea and stopped eating. The vet did a full blood workup but didn't see anything except the white blood cell count wasn't showing at all. He dewormed her and gave me some probiotics and RX kitten food. She died in my arms that night, the second kitten to pass.

I got Edwin Nash, the little one that I gave back to his mum after his sibling died, back in the house and my daughter and her boyfriend have adopted him and the little black kitty, now named Maisie Pearl.

Sunshine took off with her 2 remaining kittens and I only see her without them in the daytime when she comes to eat without them. I'm sure she brings them at night. My neighbour across the street knew I was looking for the kittens and called to tell me that she had the babies locked in her shed. I proceeded to trap Sunshine but when I went to get the kittens they were gone, probably through a small hole in the back of the shed. I searched for them all night but finally had to let Sunshine back out as there are a few predators around and the traffic is very busy in the morning. I wasn't willing to sacrifice the kittens to get her spayed. I hope to get her and the kittens in soon.

Thank you Sharon for the advice on using Heidi's Boot Camp. The 2 remaining kittens are coming along great and now come for pets and cuddles. They go to the vet tomorrow to be checked and receive their first shots. I've had posters up but so far no interest. I'm so worried about finding them good, safe, indoor homes. I've lost 8 lbs and a lot of sleep and cried a lot of tears since all this started but hearing the purrs of these babies has made it all worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

The Little Boy

The Little Girl

post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 12:12 AM
Cat Addict

Wow! You have put out the effort. I hope for good karma coming your way for homes for the kittens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Well, the little boy is now a little girl and has gone from Attie short for Atticus to Addie short for Adelaide She and the little torti had a great vet check up and are 2.3 and 1.8lbs. I am so relieved as I felt I had done everything wrong with 2 of them dying while under my care. The vet techs and the receptionist all held them and had them purring and asked me to send pictures to them to help find them homes. I feel like crying I'm so happy they're alright.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 04:02 PM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to stellar981
Oh my, they are both so pretty!!
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Thanks, I think they are but admit to being a bit biased. The little torti (I'm still trying to name her) is so sweet and Addie looks like a torti from the back and a tabby from the front.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014, 12:14 AM
Premier Cat

Awww, thanks for the update Mikayla! The kittens are just adorable!!! The little tabby/torti is such a fluffball! Now you know that you did a great job with the kittens, and it's great news that Sunshine is taking care of her kittens and still coming by.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you manage to trap them too, but in the meantime, there's a lot for you to be proud of!
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014, 03:53 AM
Premier Cat

Mikayla,
So glad these two are doing so well! They most likely wouldn't have, without your help and care.
It is gut wrenching, to lose the little ones...
But quite often, there's just not much you can do...other than provide some comfort and warmth...
And you've done that!
These little ones are adorable!!
You're doing Great and I know it's just a matter of time before you catch Sunshine and her two kittens!
Hang in there!
Hugs and Prayers for you and babies!
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Thank you both so much for your encouragement. Your posts kept me going and are much appreciated. Hugs to you both!!
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014, 10:26 PM
Premier Cat

Mikayla,
Sure would love to see some pics of these babies! :p
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page