Fall time kittens? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Fall time kittens?

Some exciting news to post....We FINALLY trapped the father cat to my 4 cats (Simba,Blue,Juno & Summer) We have been trying for a very long time. Monday night I set the trap and he went inside and stepped on the trigger plate and BOOM! went the door. So we took him inside and put him in a small dog crate for the night and into the bathroom.

Then Tuesday morning we took him to the mobile clinic van to be neutered. . We picked him up yesterday late afternoon in the crate. He has been staying in that crate in the bathroom all day today. Sometime tomorrow (thurs)we are going to let him go. *our bathroom now smells of pee* he needs to go back outside.

Anyways.....The momma cat still needs to be caught. So we are going to try her again next week.

She had a litter of 3 kittens over the summer time. (we think they were born in the middle of june). She brought them to us mid july. Then sometime in August we took the kittens inside. We are fostering these kitties. Hopefully we can find them a home soon.

But just recently I noticed that she has a small belly on her . So my question is...when do *fall kittens* come out & about? and can she still be spayed while pregnant? I know she will loose anything that's inside that belly of hers. but its a good thing .

As of now...we have 10 cats in my house and Its just way to much for me to handle. 7 is fine. but the 3 kittens add the extra care. So this is why I am hoping that we catch the mom cat next week.

thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 01:21 PM
Cool Cat

That's great that you finally got him!

To answer your question, yes, she can be spayed while pregnant. They will terminate the pregnancy. I do believe mobile clinics/spay and neuter clinics charge a bit more for that, but it's probably for the best for her well being and for you.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

what about my other question though...
when do autumn kittens appear?

if we cant trap the momma cat...then this new litter will be born somewhere...then she'll bring them to us when shes ready.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 02:39 PM
Premier Cat

There's isn't an exact date that marks when fall kittens start dropping.

Cats can come into heat and be bred any time year round.

Around 66 days after she's bred she'll have her kittens.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

2 TNR Cats

So last week we caught the father cat..smokey. Got him fixed and let him stay over for a few days then let him back outside. Then a few days later he was back to eat! So I was very happy to see him at the front porch again.

This week we caught the mother cat..ms.cali. We got her spayed and she got to stay inside for a few days. Today we let her go back outside. I hope she comes back for food.

We aimed the crate looking at the woods...so she was a little confused at first...but then ran out of the crate and headed towards the woods and kept running.

I am glad that we got both parents fixed. No more kittens for us.

Yay!

I had mom take a video of both of the cats being led outside. I'll have to figure out how to get the videos together and online so I can show you guys.

Last edited by marie73; 10-09-2014 at 08:42 PM.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 08:59 PM
Cat

Awwww, what a great thing you did for them. I hope they come back for meals!

Mom to Charli, Maggie, Baby Kitty and Tessa!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-04-2014, 01:29 AM
Premier Cat

Aw congratulations ThreeKatzGirl! I was just reading your other thread where you said you'd caught the daddy cat.

This is great news for the kitties, and for you!

I hope you can figure out how to post the video - I'd love to see it!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Video of the cats being released.

don't mind me..im wearing my pjs in both videos.
mom is the one filming and talking.

enjoy!
http://vid1236.photobucket.com/album...alirelease.mp4

Both Smokey & Cali have returned for breakfast and dinner!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 09:54 PM
Tom Cat

So happy they came back. I was also happy when my 2 females stuck around after TNR. You did a great thing for both.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Cat

That is great news! I've TNR 10 and 7 have come back to eat every morning and evening. I'm in the process of building them a cat house for the winter, hope they know to stay there. Right now, we have 3 walls up and I've set beddings for them and I do see them sleeping but once the last walls goes up, I hope they don't feel trapped and stay there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page