Best tick medicine for ferals? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Best tick medicine for ferals?

I feel like such a bad cat mother. My feral, Arwen, she had several ticks on her yesterday. She was a little overdue on the Revolution that I put on her. I am in Florida, and it is still very hot, got to 94 this past weekend. I use Revolution because she used to have a terrible time with ear mites and it really kicked her problem entirely. I have NEVER seen ticks on this girl before though. She had a big one ride on her side, where I feel like she could have easily picked it off herself, and I tried to get it but she ran off, but not before I could squirt a dose of Revolution on her back. When she showed up this morning she did not have that one on her side any longer, but I think I did feel one on her back. I would just love to hear from someone that Revolution does help cats that live outside with fleas and ticks. Otherwise, I guess I will try frontline. I have never used frontline on her before. Every time I put the Revolution on her, she just sits for a moment, stunned and looks so angry with me. I know it's for her own good. I just saw her this morning tearing apart some sort of rodent....thankfully not on my porch and it was across the street, but it's no wonder she is having this problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Nevermind! They were not ticks!!! I am so happy. We live in Florida, and there are all these tiny little snails all over our driveway. Arwen lays under one of the cars at night, and I guess they sort of stick to her. My husband looked at them and was doubting they were ticks, because they just fell right off. I have pulled ticks off of dogs before, and I know they don't just fall off.

Whew! Anyway.....no ticks, I don't even see fleas on her, and I plan to keep up the Revolution, I guess it's working
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 10:38 PM
Premier Cat

OMG! Howsefrau!! I shouldn't be laughing...but I am!
Who'd have thought "mini snails"!?
Glad that's all it turned out to be!!
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Yep, my cat had snails. Bet you never heard that one before. It was pretty funny
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Tom Cat

I couldn't stop laughing!! That was so funny. You should've taken some pics. I would've loved to have seen that.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Cat Addict

Revolution is great and seems to work really well on fleas, flea eggs, ticks, ear mites, some worms. Really it seems great for outdoor cats but alas it doesn't work on those attacking snails.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page