moved all of feeding shelters off the Elks Club property - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

moved all of feeding shelters off the Elks Club property

put a couple of feeding shelters back beyond fence line of the property. finally did see a couple of the cats scoot under fence towards feeders.am waiting to hear from cat rescue group about whether to trap or just continue feeding off the property. the cat sanctuary does not have room for any more feral cats .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 10:37 PM
Premier Cat

Eliza,
Sure hope this helps, at least temporarily, to appease the business and the nursing home...
Hope you hear from the Cat Rescue group!
Keeping All Paws Crossed!!
Keep us posted, as things progress!
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

protecting & feeding feral cats

Hi! have a cat colony been careing for about eight years now.have been told to stop feeding them or get fired if I am caught. local cat sanctuary manager has been feeding them at night on the property. have food dishes laying around in a wooded area and a few shelters. I quit feeding them on the property weeks ago. went to meet that person one night but she had already fed cats and gone home. Some one in a truck was parked next to the wooded area where she feeds them. am worried they will blame me and fire me.am very worried someone will poison them. has anyone been a similar situation? if so. what did you do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

how to feed colony quickly on private property

urgent need of suggestions for feeding colony on private property at night with out getting caught or seen. activity on the property ends about 10pm. very few of the cats are going to the back of property to feed. worried I could get fired . am not sure where they are eating at night or day. have not seen but one or two out of eleven.is there a way to feed them without leaveing food bowls out?
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 06:40 PM
Cool Cat

Eliza... I'm so sorry you're dealing with this with your work. I know how much you clearly care about these cats!

The only thing I can think of, if it isn't rainy/muddy, maybe just pouring the dry food in piles in the grass or ground for the cats to eat it? Obviously not the best option, but could work so there aren't any bowls as evidence... also, maybe putting food on decomposable napkins (I am pretty sure Chipotle's are, and you can just run in and grab them).
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 06:46 PM
Cat Addict

Also how about slowly moving the food out more and more into the woods so they know to go look for the food.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2014, 12:45 AM
Cool Cat

Also, did you ever have any luck about trying to trap and move the cats? Could you move them to your home property?
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2014, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

not able to move any of the cats to my home. can not locate anywhere (online or locally decomposable napkins.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2014, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

please explain the way you would feed the cats using a decomposable napkin.do I set the napkin down on ground and put dry food on it? how much time do I give them to show up before I pick up the napkins ?because I was not given any time to slowly move the feeding stations back ,most of the cats are not showing up at the new feeding area off the property.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2014, 10:00 PM
Cat Addict

The chipotle napkins and bowls are compostable and made from recyclable materials so they can be put in a compost that will eventually decompose. It is not quick and they would be visible. I really think you would have to make piles on the ground which could attract ants but I would think the cats would find it. You could leave a trail luring them to piles away from the building. Or is there a feral cat society where someone might help you move the colony to another colony - if that is possible without a lot of fighting. Or to another spot at all where they can be fed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page