Arwen is back in the garage :) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2014, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Arwen is back in the garage :)

I live in Florida, and we just had our first real cold front of the year, it got down to 46 last night. Last winter, from early December until some time in March, Arwen, my feral kitty, slept in the garage at night, and sometimes she stuck around until the late afternoon. She'd go out and visit my neighbors, she follows them and their dog on their evening walk, and then she'd come back when it was time for bed. Last night was her first night back in the garage. I thought maybe she'd be freaked out a little bit. She did check out every inch of the garage before she settled down, and let me pet her for a while. Then about 5 minutes into me spending time with her, she curls up in her little cat bed, and she's done. I leave a radio on very softly, and have a little nightlight. She took right to using the litter box again. She seems happy to be back. In fact, she stayed in there until about noon.

She's so funny, if we leave the door cracked, she will stand watch at the end of the garage, looking out all the while. But as soon as I close up the garage, she knows she can close her eyes and really sleep comfortably. That makes me happy. My neighbors and I estimate that she may have been in our neighborhood for as much as 10 years. She has her ear tipped, so at some point she was spayed and vaccinated. I thought maybe she'd start meowing to get out in the middle of the night. She did not make one peep all night long. I am so happy to have her in there for the winter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Cool Cat

That is too sweet. I'm so happy Arwen is back in the warm garage for the winter, nothing like a safe, warm place for her to sleep without having to worry about anything! I remember your posts last winter when it got really cold, even in Florida. You are amazing for taking care of her, howsefrau32!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2014, 03:05 PM
Premier Cat

Arwen:
"Is it still here? YES! my safe, out of the cold, safe spot, is still here!!...now to get some sleep...purrr, purrrr, purrrr..."

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2014, 03:21 PM
Cat Addict

That's great that Arwen is back and great that you provide that for her. It makes you wonder how feral these kitties are that just prefer to live outdoors when they can.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Tom Cat

So sweet. She seems like a real sweet heart.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2014, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Thank you! She really is my sweetheart. She is in there right now, at 1:00 in the afternoon, even though it's in the 60's. She didn't want to go out there, so I just let her stay. You can really tell she's getting to be an old lady by how she likes to sleep so much. I love knowing that she is right in there. I pop in and visit with her often
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2014, 05:13 PM
Banned

So glad to hear Arwen is back in the garage - that little girl knows where she's got it good.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 09:42 PM
Premier Cat

Aww, it must be like vacation time for Arwen. Wow, I've got nothing to worry about! I have food, it's warm, and there aren't any other cats or predators here!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 03:28 PM
Cat Addict

I'd think twice about letting her stay in the garage in the winter. Better safe than sorry. Next thing you know she'll be writing complaint letters to housekeeping management about the lack of warm towel racks in her suite and a view of the lake. Wink wink

The Royal von Meouw Dynasty: His Royal Highness the late Prince von Meouw,
Her Royal Highness Princess Gatita von Meouw, Nikita Duchess of Meouw and
His Highness Cuchi-Cuchi, next in line for the throne of Prince von Meouw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page