I just knew this would happen - female feral missing - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
zcb
Jr. Cat

I just knew this would happen - female feral missing

I've always had a terrible feeling that one or both of my sweet ferals would not appear one morning. Well my little female hasn't been here since Saturday and she never, ever misses a meal. Her son is here but she is not. I feel so terrible about this. Every night when I say good night to them I tell them to be careful of the cars but I drove around and didn't see her. I'm worried that someone may have harmed her deliberately. There are many in the subdivision that do not like "stray cats" as they call them. There has been an ongoing thread in the HOA forum about people not being responsible and so on about cats. Many posted that the cats were a nuisance and should be trapped and euthanized. I feel so badly for the little male. It was his mother and they were inseparable for over 4 years. Do you think he might just stop coming or I just don't know what to expect. Letting him into the house is not an option because of my two dogs. I just don't know what to do for him. I talked to him tonight for a long time. I feel so awful about this.

Last edited by marie73; 10-12-2015 at 07:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 05:58 AM
Premier Cat

Is she spayed? If not she may have gone off to mate. Unspayed cats can disappear for several days then come back and settle in to motherhood.....again. If you can catch her when she reappears do everyone a favor and trap her and get her spayed! There are low cost clinics all over Florida.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
zcb
Jr. Cat

I had her spayed 5 years ago along with her son.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-14-2015, 02:22 AM
Cool Cat

I don't have any advice, but I really hope you find her soon. I've heard many stories where a feral just disappears for a while but comes back... I so hope it turns out that way. Maybe she got stuck in someone's garage/shed? Have you checked the local shelters and animal controls incase a neighbor decided to drop her off? You have to act fast on this one, since some county shelters put ferals to sleep in no time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page