The Feral Trio - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

The Feral Trio

Hi guys. Some of you might remeber me. I'm a fairly new member who a few weeks ago went from having no cats, to having 5 thanks to a local semi-feral population living at a nearby barn.

Of the 5 cats I saved, we lost my little runt Natalia. She just didn't thrive and her body gave up according to my vet.

I decided to go back to the colony and save another since I couldn't save Natalia.

I came home with one black female that's about 5 weeks old and a total sweetie for myself, and two feral fosters. Because I have questionable sanity.

The first is a tiger that's hissing and spitting but not doing to bad. He/she is maybe 6 weeks old? Bigger then my black but not as big as my trio of 7 week olds. Not so bad. I've worked with feral kittens when I was younger fostering and this is the level of wild I'm use too.

My problem is the last kitten. A beautiful Siamese The person who owns the property says its about 10 weeks old. Which I'm not sure on. Since its about the same size as my three, but I guess poor nutrition and worms could be blamed for that

It bit me getting it in the carrier, drawing blood. Owww. Five little teeth marks though only three bled. Its a bit of a nut in the cage. Its currently climbing the bars and screaming top of its lungs. So this shall be fun. The only good news is she/he has a home if I tame it up. My grandfather will take it, since he loves Siameses.

Good news is a local TNR group is going in and fixing the colony and taking the remaining kittens.

And of course pics. Please ignore the messy cage. They knocked their water and litter box over and I had the bottom out to clean. They are also soaked from the rain.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 06:11 PM
Premier Cat

You are awesome for taking them on! Bless you. The Siamese is going to be more of a challenging because of her age. 12 weeks is usually our cut off point. But you can bring her around regardless.

Have you watched the Urban Cat Leagues video on socializing kittens? Its a wealth of information if you haven't had the opportunity to watch the 3 Utube videos.

https://youtu.be/vpEcxIgMhyQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page