My favorite feral disappeared - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

My favorite feral disappeared

So my favorite feral disappeared. She has been gone for about two weeks now. I know there is a possibility that she has died but I am hoping otherwise. Is it possible she is pregnant and went to hide and have her babies in private? If that is the case how long would she be away before she returned? Normally she was a dainty eater. She would eat small amounts and run away. Then she would come back in 10 -15 minutes and eat a bit more. Before she disappeared she was eating like she was ravenous. Also before she left her nipples were very visible. I don't know if that was a new thing or if it was always that way but I never noticed it. Any suggestions? Also I did check with the locals and walk around and look for her to no avail. I live in a small community and cats mostly go unnoticed so no one I talked to had any idea as to her whereabouts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 07:25 PM
Premier Cat

It must be tough, looking after ferals. Good thing they've got someone like you. Y'know, she just MIGHT show up in the yard sometime... Maybe she's out bulking up for winter?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 01:04 PM
Cat Addict

Maybe still have some food available so she knows she can count on it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

I still feed the other cats so yes food is still available.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 10:12 PM
Premier Cat

It seems like since she knows a reliable food source, she'd be back looking for food if she had her kittens. But I don't know anything about how pregnant cats behave. Hopefully, someone will have more information for you. I took care of a stray for 6 years, and he disappeared in September. In his case, I'm almost certain he died, but not knowing for sure is so hard. I hope your feral comes back, with our without kittens!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 07:48 AM
Cool Cat

It's hard when a cat goes off. So many questions, we're always looking, wondering, is the cat ok? Hate when this happens, feral or pet, it's very worrisome.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 09:02 PM
Kitten

I feel your pain also.My take on it is the cat enjoyed some good food some shelter love and attention for a moment that maybe otherwise would have gone without the whole life. So for a time we are all happy and we know that never last long enough. I hope your kitty come back to you.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 04:25 PM
Jr. Cat

One of my favorite ferals also disappeared around 2 weeks ago. I'm sad about it. She was really pretty and sweet. I had hoped to get her spayed and find a home for her. I do have her kitten inside that I rescued. I've been caring for ferals around 3 years and eventually, most of them disappear. It's heart-breaking. I live in a small rural village and feed "my" cats twice a day, so they stick around. I hope that someone found her and adopted her, but unfortunately it's more likely she was either run over or poisoned. I know there are people in the village that put out poison for the feral cats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in