Tiny Black Tuxedo Feral I Found Today - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Tiny Black Tuxedo Feral I Found Today

The town I live in has a HUGE feral cat population and I see them daily, but today while heading to the grocery store I saw what looks like about a 7-8 week old black tuxedo feral kitten in the parking lot. Obviously looking for food. This one grabbed at my heart-strings so I had to act.

The cat leaped into a parked car and climbed into the engine bay. With the help of four people and about an hour of work the kitten was removed and wrapped in a towel. Now, do I take it home? I already have two adult cats (one Tuxedo).

So, the kitten is now here at home in a large pet carrier and is eating. He/She is almost starved to death.

At this point I intend to simply get it healthy, have it neutered and possibly release it. Although a beautiful kitten I'm not sure if it can be socialized, although still very young.

Sometimes—every few years—my heart will not let me pass. This kitten has a loud spirit that was calling me and I could not stop until it was safe...

Any suggestions from those who know I will welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 02:41 PM
Cat Addict

If the kitten is truly 7-8 weeks old, it can be socialized. It takes work but it can be done. I can't see releasing a kitten that young to fend for itself. You can try shelters that have fosters who might be willing to socialize.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 12:20 AM
Cat Addict

It can definitely still be socialized. I encourage you to upgrade to 3 cats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 05:26 PM
Premier Cat

Hi Billydkidd,

What did you decide to do about the feral kitten? Even adult ferals can sometimes be socialized and turned into indoor-only lap cats, so yes, definitely a feral kitten can.

It sounds like you've already formed a bond with the little one.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

***UPDATE***

The new kitten, Vance (found at Advanced Auto Parts in their parked parts delivery car), is doing great!!!! I am very happy to report that it is a male that is eating and playing. I have it climbing in my lap and wanting lots of play-time. I will find it a good forever home. I'll be uploading pictures later and will post here.

Thanks all....
Billy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in