Cat Forum banner

Our Little Guy

888 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  melysion 
#1 ·
We went to the humane society yesterday. We had been discussing getting a cat but hubby kept saying no, He has allergies to most cats. Anyway he finally gave the go ahead but had criteria.

1. Had to be a small kitten
2. had to be female
3. had to be cute, no orange kitty's or grey tabby's

Simple enough right? Well I get down there and ALL the kitten minus 1 tortie female were boys... :lol:
I personally don't mind male cats and honestly find them to most of the time be more affectionate than girls. So I called him and he said I better not bring home a boy on which I asked "why". His excuse was they spray. I told him they most of the time do not if fixed before maturity. But he didn't budge.
I called him 20 minutes later after spending more time in the kitten room and spotting a little flame point siamese boy. Siamese cats are one of the only ones he doesn't react to. I told him all about this cute little guy without mentioning his gender. Then he said "boy or girl" to which I said. "boy, but we can bring him home and see how you like him.. if you just don't there's a 30 day window on which we can bring him back and get a girl" He said Ok :D Me and my womanly charm :wink:
Anyway so we brought him home. He's 12 weeks old and nothing brings out the softie in a big tough army man like a kitten. Immediatly he was baby talking this little guy and telling him how he wasnt going back and apologizing to the cat that he had to go through the heartache of losing his "jewels" :lol:

So here he is.. yet to be named.

See less See more
#2 ·
He's adorable!!! :luv Great pictures, too.

You may get a little grief about this, though, but it's clearly your husband's opinion and everyone has their own idea of what they're looking for:

had to be cute, no orange kitty's or grey tabby's

In most cases - just like yours - the kitty picks YOU. :D

#3 ·
LOL he said that because I am partial to those colors... and both cats we had that were those colors caused horrible flareups for him. I thought it was funny he included that in his stipulation. And yes this little guy certainly picked us. He already adores me. still a little frightened by the kids though. I have a 4 1/2 yr old daughter and a 3 yr old daughter with a baby boy due in September. I'm sure he just needs a little time to settle in. in the evenings when its calmer he comes out to play right in front of the kids.

#5 ·
Oh yea! I'm already considered Momma as he wants to know where I am and comes up to me and licks my ear randomly...he's cute.
He slept in between hubby and my last night till he figured 4am was play time and ran around the room with his bell.... I took the bell off till we woke up for the day...lol. i got awoken this morning to him kneading my back and purring in my ear. he slept in between us with his head on the pillow :wink Already I can tell hes quite the character

#8 ·
An update. we are now greiving his loss. Still not sure what happened as we've recreated it over and over. We assume a board fell on him however he was 2 ft from the board and its still a mystery how the board even fell. I havn't stopped crying much of the day. It happened at 8:30 this morning. I had just been holding and loving on him not even 10 minutes before. Poor Gianna, my 3 yr old, keeps asking me questions which just makes me cry more. Its such a sad completly unexpected loss!! :crying :crying :crying

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.