Cat Forum banner

Jitzu's 5th Birthday!

792 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  catalat 
#1 ·
All my kitties are spring/summer kittens!

Jitzu's B-day was right around the beginning of July. My sweet girly turns 5 this year!

Jitzu is the first cat I ever lived with, the day I moved in I just about killed her! She snuck into my room and destroyed my bonsai plant, ate another one of my plants, and peed on my sweater, lol. We've come a long way since that rocky start.
She used to chase me up the stairs, attack random people, and pee on everything...man I'm glad we're through that!

She was originally named Crunchie, and she lived with her mum and a few other cats in an apartment. Then she was given to my bf, and his two roommates as a gift. They re-named her Jitzu, a much more fitting name for my little ninja.
She had a rough life before me, one of the roommates claimed Jitzu as 'hers' buit never cleaned her box and rarely fed her. When that roomie left I claimed Jitzu, but it wasn't that simple.

I spent a year wining her over, and it was tough. She got upset if she felt cornered, she didn't trust people, and she had no social skills. She frequently attacked people, seemingly without warning, and spent most of her time slinking around hiding.
We moved into a new home with her, and when a different roommate moved in I had a breakthrough. He had movers come in, and Jitzu was scared of them, I went to get her, and stopped a cautious distance away. I called her, and she came right to me. That was the first time she trusted me to protect her when she was scared.
Now, two years later, she trusts me much more, we cuddle any time I have a nap, and she's even let me trim two of her claws!!! That is a huge breakthrough for us as she wouldnt' even let me touch her feet until this year.

She's a whole different cat from the one I first met. She's playful and loving, she enjoys playing with the boys, and mutual grooming sessions. Her and Doran have a little kitty love relationship, she actually headbutts him! And she's getting better with Torri, slowly, but it's happening.

Jitzu, I love you princess!!!

Kitty Wub:

See less See more
#6 ·
lol, no one could ever say she was less than brave. If she's mad she's been known to go for the jugular...actually!

Thanks guys, I worked so hard with her, and it's paid off x100,000,000 (and more). Dealing with Jitzu the whole time has taught me patience, and that if you give them time things will improve and it's better than if you had pushed them beyond their boundaries.

Anyone with a cat like Jitzu needs to trust that things will change. I'm still seeing changes in her, not everyday but slowly over time. I have hopes that by the time I'm ready for kids, she'll be too. Sticking with her has been one of the hardest and most rewarding thing's I've ever done. Especially since i know most people would just give her up or have her put down. (I've actually had many people, including those i love and trust, tell me to have her put down...and they've said it numerous times.)

*sighs* I'm just so proud of how far she's come. She the kitty that made me enjoy living with cats, and she showed me that it's not always as easy as dealing with dogs, but you get just as much love.

And to anyone out there in internet land with a cat like Jitzu....don't give up!

To be fair my SO helped me out a lot, and put up with just as much crap, if not more, from her...and he didn't give up on us either. And he gets a lot less back from her for it...she's a total mumma's girl.

Jitzu says thanks and sends a cute owl-y face out to everyone on the forum, lol. That's the closest she gets to a smile...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.