Cat Forum banner

Delaney's spay..

2K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Jess041 
#1 ·
Her spay is tomorrow.. wish us luck.. hope all goes well :) I just can't wait to get it out of the way

#2 ·
She'll be fine. Remember, no food after midnight for the cute little gremlin! 8O :D

#9 ·
Just got a call.. they said she did well and is awake and having a snack. She is FIV and FeLV negative :)

BUT.. they also told me they noticed she had a mild heart murmer.. i believe they said grade 1 or something :(

The lady said it could be do to the stress of being in a hospital ... or it could be something she hopefully outgrows.

I get to pick her up at five. In the mean time does anyone have any further knowledge about something like this? I am worried

#10 ·
My kitty Marmalade had a slight murmer....and what is funny is I called him MarMar...so: MarMar had a murmer. :lol:
If they aren't severe I don't think it is anything to worry about, but I don't know much and others will be able to give you more info and set you at ease about your Delaney.
=^..^=

#12 ·
Grade 1 is a very very mild heart murmur, I was told while working at the shelter when I mentioned I'd never seen so many young cats with heart murmurs that often kittens will have them but they grow out of them. Nothing to worry about and no medication needed. My RB dog, Drifter had a grade 4/5 heart murmur (heart murmur levels are graded 1 - 6), which is pretty bad and usually ends up having to be on medication. The shelter vet staff did recheck them all 4-6 months after to make sure it wasn't getting worse and if they had grown out of it yet. Your vet might do the same.

This link leads to a page that explains them a little more and lets you listen to a couple.
http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Conten ... A=2488&S=1

#13 ·
thanks for the info, i really appreciate it. she was rated 1/5 so it isn't to bad. we will just have to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't progress.

Delaney is home now! she is doing great.. right now we are watching tv together :)

thanks for all your positive comments!

#19 ·
Ewwwww! I saw that listing, but couldn't watch it. Shows like that give me bad dreams. 8O

Glad she's doing better. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.