Hartz Flea & Tic kills cats!!!! - Page 3 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 03:32 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via MSN to 22Raiynee22 Send a message via Yahoo to 22Raiynee22

raul, any type of medication, flea contollers, litter, food can be harmful to a cat if they're allergic so it's not just Frontline, it's because the kitty was allergic.

Rachelle Aka Raiyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fabulously made by ForJazz!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-06-2004, 06:30 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via AIM to Kittie Send a message via MSN to Kittie Send a message via Yahoo to Kittie
My vet told me to use Sergeant's Flea and Tick collar.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 01:43 PM
Cat

Send a message via MSN to Tindi18
I was very close to buying the Hartz flea tick drops. I decided not to when I remembered what a friend of mine had told me about them. She didn't thell me anything about the animals being killed, but she did tell me that it wasn't a good product. I'm so glad that shhe had warned me about this product. I was new to having a cat and the majority of the anti flea products on the shelves were from Hartz. It's a good thing I listened to her advice or I would have had a dead cat on my hands

~Alexandra

Cats were once worshipped like gods. They never let us forget that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 04:33 AM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via AIM to Minda
I never used flea medicine when me and my kitties lived back in Sweden - Fleas are very, very uncommon there. When I moved here to Florida, i'd take my cats out on a leash sometimes, and this one time, a neighbourhood cat came up to them to say hi, and some days afterwards, they had fleas. I was flabbergasted, so I just went to the store and got Hartz flea medicine. That was the first and last time I used it. And just now, by reading this thread, I found out that it's bad for the cats - but the stuff doesn't even work, doesn't kill the fleas worth a darn! So I just went to the vet and got them some Advantage instead, killed the little hopalong fleas right away.

Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.
post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 01:08 PM
Cat

I better check the brand of ours. My mom bought some of that kind of flea medicine but i'm not sure if it's Hertz. We haven't used it yet. Well check as soon as I get home.
post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-06-2004, 11:55 PM
Kitten

I don't know that Advantage is safe either. I put that stuff on one of my cats(Lovey) right where they say to put it(above the shoulder blades, back of the neck).

Well she went into cleaning mode shortly after, and she must have got some in her mouth. Well she started to gag, and then started to foam at the mouth while puking white foam.

If anyone uses any of these anti-flea products, watch your pet very closely after application.

I had a Polmeranian dog die of liver failure shortly after using the Hartz brand flea meds. I'd advise against using Hartz, but I'd also advise you to keep a close eye on any pet that you use ANY anti-flea/tick topical meds on. There are some nasty chemicals in all of them.
post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 12:34 PM
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to SammyO
Hartz Products

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for sharing this information. I have never used flea control on my cats, but if there comes a day I need I will know what to look for

THANK YOU AGAIN!

Samantha
post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 08:32 PM
Banned

I think its the flea products you should not use.
post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Jr. Cat

The Hartz flea drops are very dangerous for you cat. My gf works at a vets office and just last week they had a cat come in that the owners had used the product and the cat presented with tremors and a semi-comatose condition. Last year there were a total of 5 cats that had come in to her hospital after the owners had used the product. Most reactions had occured within 45 mins after application. One of the problems is that even though there are numerous cases, compared with how many packs are sold, they would probably say the chances of a reaction are minimal. I find it amazing that none of the owners of these cats had persued the issue with the Hartz company. There would have been no problems proving that the reaction and death of some of these cats had come from the use of this product. Bloodwork and necropsy results would have said it all!

Hopefully, some day we will see this product taken off the market.
post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 03:10 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via AIM to mcschmidt
Yes, like others, I to thank you guys for this information, as I have not known about this at all, and chances are I probably would have bought this product as well!!!

I'm glad I found this forum, I will know what to get if my cat ever gets fleas.

My Cat wears a Tux so naturally his name is Tux. I'm pretty Original. lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page