Cat Forum banner

Catnip squabble: a photo essay

541 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  DesnBaby 
#1 ·
Quinn and Minerva are gradually getting better with their interactions, although there are still a few squabbles per day if someone oversteps their bounds. My sense is that Quinn is smitten with Minerva, but has no social skills with the ladies :wink: , and as such she has no idea what to make of him. It has been funny to watch them work it out, and claws remain trimmed in the meantime.

I thought I'd share a funny series of photos I took when I got them "stoned" together on catnip toys, in an attempt to get them more relaxed while sharing a room:

A rare sight: Quinn and Minerva peacefully sharing a room...

Ahh, catnip toys.

Quinn tries to make a friend... and fails... (love Minerva's face in this one!)

...And then watches Minnie play from a safe distance.

Cute, huh? :) They're getting better, just verrrry slowly. It'll be 4 weeks this Sunday that they've been roommates.

See less See more
#3 ·
this reminds me of Sabre and Tyger so far. They will hiss first. Then they are fine and playing seperately but close. Then finally yesterday Tyger approached Sabre and Sabre actually swiped at her!! When Sabre was the nice one in the beginning. Sometimes cats just dont make sense, lol! Cute pictures!

#5 ·
LOL! Quinn has no shortage of stomach pudge, that's for sure :lol: He really is a cuddilicious guy... both kitties are total snuggle monsters.

It's funny that you can tell Minerva's a beauty from these pictures... she is actually nowhere near as photogenic as Quinn -- she is a truly gorgeous owl-faced girl, but she makes the stupidest possible faces for the camera. Especially while she's high on the 'nip:

hee hee :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.