Its been two weeks now - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Its been two weeks now

I have been in Cape Town Visiting my daughter for a week and hubs has been having to manage the gang on their raw diet.

I did have enough food pakaged tho.

The results are awesome. Tyson's tummy problems have COMPLELTY cleared up, I have 16 kittens instead of 2 .. and their fur is just lovely all silky and smooth.

Their food is finished now so until Sunday they will have plain chicken mince , then I will get the rest of the ingredients .

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Boy Cats: Tucker,Freeway,Tyson,Copicat,Mike
Girl Cats : Magic, Garfield, Buggie,Lexie,Spike,Ginger,Blue,Spooky,Rotten, Trouble
Strays: Charlie
2 Conures,2 African Greys,1 Black winged Jardine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Its been two weeks now

That's wonderful, Carol!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 06:30 PM
Cool Cat

That's fabulous, isn't it amazing what properly designed food can do? It's strange that people are so baffled by the though of feeding carnivores meat, or are skeptical when they hear the results of feeding these things. Good for you and keep it up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 07:18 PM
Tom Cat

Thats awesome to hear!

Believe me, I'm feeling the whole house full of kitten thing! I'm only 18 days in, one raw meal a day and its a mad house here. The laser pointer and foam ball are getting a work out!

My Harley is playing for the first time ever!

Leslie
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Banned

Yay! Carol, I know you must be so relieved! We all just want our babies to be healthy and happy, don't we?

I, too, am blown away at the wonderful uptick in activity I've seen since putting my cats on a natural diet. I'm blown away, totally. Allen's pouncing mice on my bedquilt, Rachel's body-flipping Spencer the kitten, and even Meghan is running up and down the place! I was feeding them only the very best wet foods (Evo 95%, Nature's Variety Instincts, Wellness grainfrees, etc.) and yet!!!! Whether the canned foods lack something they need, or there's something in the commercial food that is detrimental to their health, I don't know, but, clearly, it's not as good for them as I believed it was.

*shakes head*

I'm both elated to see how well my clowder is doing and distressed at how wrong I was about the canned food. Why is there such an irreconcilable divide between the marketing and the reality of pet food quality and nutritional content?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Auntie havent you also noticed that your cats have become slim??? my crew have lost that overweight look and are all looking slim and trim...

I managed to get hold of about 10 kilos of ox kidneys and another 10 odd of pork and lamb kidneys today .. and they wernt happy .. the kittens ate with gusto tho.

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Boy Cats: Tucker,Freeway,Tyson,Copicat,Mike
Girl Cats : Magic, Garfield, Buggie,Lexie,Spike,Ginger,Blue,Spooky,Rotten, Trouble
Strays: Charlie
2 Conures,2 African Greys,1 Black winged Jardine
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 12:24 AM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolsclan
Auntie havent you also noticed that your cats have become slim??? my crew have lost that overweight look and are all looking slim and trim...
Mine have never been porky, but Doran is muscular. All my friends say so, actually. You can see his strong muscles literally rippling under his fur! It's so cool!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Jr. Cat

Sorry, I've just read this post an I'm sooo happy that raw worked and (I keep fingers crossed) Tyson is healthy and happy!

Auntie Crazy, my neck hurts from nodding when I read you posts . It was sooooo long ago that I realized that commercial food - doesn't matter how "good and expensive" it is is not what I want to feed my cats. I seemed to be against the whole world and those who learned I was going raw thought I was wrong, crazy etc. but well, I just did what I believed was right. And I didn't believe that they used Fillet Mignon or ribeye steaks for preparing commercial cats food

My boyfriend was totally against raw and thought I had to feed my kitty dry food (oh, yeah, the same arguments - nutritionally balanced blah-blah-blah) . Later he admitted he was wrong . .

I never even tried to tell people what to feed to their cats, I believe it's their business. But I'm sure if I tried most people would if not all would tell me I was crazy etc. I'm very glad that there are more and more people supporting raw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page