Dehydrated raw diet - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Dehydrated raw diet

I saw this link when I was looking at pets on Craigslist. She only wanted her cat being fed this product and Pet Promise. Does it sound good?

http://www.thehonestkitchen.com/products/prowl.shtml

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Cat Addict

Re: Dehydrated raw diet

Hmmm. It sounds like it would reconstitute into mush - maybe that is okay, although I bet canned food is more appealing. I wonder that they don't suggest adding raw meat to it for all ages, not just kittens. It wouldn't do anything beneficial for gums and teeth, since there is nothing to chew and chomp.

I am using something similar with Gracie for her raw food, Instincts mix from Feline Future. It is egg based, with minerals, taurine and other ingredients, and is designed to be mixed with raw muscle and organ meats. It is not a stand-alone diet...

Fran
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

We had a thread about this food a while ago, seems to me I wasn't impressed with the ingredients. Lemme see if I can find it...

Here it is....OK, well it was the taurine content I was questioning...but it's truly a question, I'm not sure how much should be present.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56335&p=570091&hilit=thehonest kitchen#p570091

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Senior Cat

"Hormone-free chicken, eggs, potatoes, yams, flaxseed, zucchini, spinach, honey, cranberries, rosemary, vitamins and minerals."

The only ingrdients the cat actually needs are the first two. It's likely just an over priced canned like food.. I wouldn't waste my money. I'd rather buy actual raw meat medallions from Primal or Natures Variety for the price.

Kelly

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 10:19 PM
Jr. Cat

When I took in a couple cats for a short time they came with a ton of junk kibble but they also had a couple bags of a freeze dried raw food called Stella & Chewy's. The ingredients are...

Quote:
Chicken (ground with bone), beef, chicken liver, beef liver, beef kidney, beef heart, beef tripe, chicken gizzard, ground beef bone, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, direct-fed microorganisms (Pediococcus acidilaticici, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium longum, Entercoccus faecium), magnesium oxide, vitamin E supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, biotin, potassium iodide.

I'd shred up a medallion and add some water, let it soak in, (seemed to take awhile) and feed it to them. They liked it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page